Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
New to the forum. Can someone tell me if it is possible to have your speed on the driver information screen. I see it shows your speed setting there when you have activated the cruise control. I can't seem to find it but I have only had the car for a couple of days. Still getting used to all the gadgets...

Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
re:digital speedometer

why don't you just appreciate the car for how it drives rather than seeing the actual speed you're driving on the screen? you already have the gauge infront of you.

·
Registered
103 Posts
why don't you just appreciate the car for how it drives rather than seeing the actual speed you're driving on the screen? you already have the gauge infront of you.
i dont know why, but this response really bugs me. i cant tell if youre joking or not, but it doesnt make sense to me why youd antagonize the guy when he's asking a pretty basic and valid question...

·
Registered
49 Posts
Seems like a valid Q to me - if you've come from another car which has it's speedo laid out differently it's easy to think you're going faster or slower than you are at a glance till you get used to the analogue speedo.

On the end of the stalk (wiper on RHD cars) you have the rocker switch which cycles through av speed, mpg etc in the current trip computer. The switch on the bottom of the same stalk cycles between trip comps 1/2 and the third press gives you a big digital speedo smack in the middle, making the trip computer info smaller.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Attam....what are you some kind of internet tough guy? Bad ass behind that space bar are ya? I wasn't trying to be rude to the Columbus chap. I'm surprised the word Buckeye didn't make its way into his username. All those Ohioans seem to incorporate Buckeye into everything they do.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Attam....what are you some kind of internet tough guy? Bad ass behind that space bar are ya? I wasn't trying to be rude to the Columbus chap. I'm surprised the word Buckeye didn't make its way into his username. All those Ohioans seem to incorporate Buckeye into everything they do.
wow. was my response really being "a tough guy"? i am now convinced you are a troll.

·
Registered
3 Posts
All I'm saying speed racer is lets get back to why we like cars....for their speed, performance, handling abilities, etc. If you want to be tech nerds, go work at Best Buy. How about this....instead of comparing our 1/4 mile times, lets all meet at the local grocery store parking lot and see who has the fastest bluetooth connectivity times. Oh Attam I can just see all the chicks flocking to your bluetooth muscle.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
i cant tell if youre joking or not, but it doesnt make sense to me why youd antagonize the guy when he's asking a pretty basic and valid question...
+1

BTW, I never look at the gauge as the layout is different than I'm used to on other cars. I ALWAYS use the digital speedo shown on the driver information display. It makes it so easy to keep an eye on my speed, so I worry a lot less about whether or not I'm going too far over the speed limit.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
+1

BTW, I never look at the gauge as the layout is different than I'm used to on other cars. I ALWAYS use the digital speedo shown on the driver information display. It makes it so easy to keep an eye on my speed, so I worry a lot less about whether or not I'm going too far over the speed limit.
I agree. Helps to keep the police at bay...

And BTW johnnybgood, The buckeyes are the Buffalo Bills of Division I football.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I think digital speedo in the latest Audis is a great thing, I use it constantly on my cars. Helps quickly check the exact speed, easy to compare to the numbers on the signs. :) Like Mack said, just press the trip computer RESET button a few times in the wind-screen wiper stalk and it will flick through driver info system screens, one of which is the digital speedo.

·
Registered
750 Posts
I think digital speedo in the latest Audis is a great thing, I use it constantly on my cars. Helps quickly check the exact speed, easy to compare to the numbers on the signs. :) Like Mack said, just press the trip computer RESET button a few times in the wind-screen wiper stalk and it will flick through driver info system screens, one of which is the digital speedo.
I use the digital speedo too, mostly because on my previous car, 60 MPH was located at the "9 o'clock" position, but on the S5 it is 100 MPH!!

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Must say, I rarely use the digital speedo, probably 'cos I'm a bit of a trad Brit and love my dials! The DIS tends to be used for mpg display, conscious as I am of the car racing along and virtually sucking trees out of the ground in its quest for fossil fuels and planet ruination.

Also must say that I think we may have another 'Normanh/j/k/l/m' (remember him?) in this johnny-wottevver character What an unnecessarily aggressive response to a valid question. First post in and he's being an utter cock, third and no let-up. Maybe should be a case of 'three strikes and you're out'?

It's a long while since we've had that kind of unpleasantness on here. Keep it off, JohnnyBG.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
New to the forum. Can someone tell me if it is possible to have your speed on the driver information screen. I see it shows your speed setting there when you have activated the cruise control. I can't seem to find it but I have only had the car for a couple of days. Still getting used to all the gadgets...

Thanks
Columbus_A5,
It's a question that's been asked before - you'll find the answer here

There are photos from my DIS which I posted in that thread. The useful bit is that when you've got the digital mph displayed, the two trip computers can still be cycled through on a smaller text row below, so you don't lose anything.

What you do lose is the time and date, which is kind of annoying if you turn the MMI display off when driving at night (the only other clock is displayed at the bottom of the MMI screen).

Hope this helps (and let's get away from the nonsense earlier on in this thread...:))

·
Registered
106 Posts
From a member who learned about the lack of tone of voice online.

I learned the hard way about being careful with what you type. Early in my association with A5_OC I was trying to volunteer some choices and opinions to all the members who were discussing a logo for the club. How wrong I was. There were a couple of members who took exception to how I made my case. I believed that I was directing the discussion towards one of the designs I thought had promise. There were other participants in the dialog who believed I was putting down another's talents or something to that effect. They believed so strongly that I was reported and put on probation.

So please people, be careful with what you write and have patience with the messages you think are out of place.

And one aside, Andrew and Rab, I love the new logo!

·
Registered
415 Posts
So please people, be careful with what you write and have patience with the messages you think are out of place.
johnny's first post may have been reacted to pretty strongly. But his second and third removed any doubt that he's a jerk. He could have remained civil and been the bigger man...but he didn't. Nice of you to make excuses for him, but it's not gonna work in this case.

And for the record, not all of us Ohioans love the Buckeyes. Some of us have class.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
+1

+2
I always use digital SPEEDO as well.

·
Registered
151 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts