Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fitted this today, next is back box delete and twin exhausts to fill the gap. But I am not taken with it, wanted to gather your thoughts, thinking I should spray it black.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Fitted this today, next is back box delete and twin exhausts to fill the gap. But I am not taken with it, wanted to gather your thoughts, thinking I should spray it black.
View attachment 177930
OEM S5 diffuser looks good IMO - you need to get the quad setup or it just looks weird

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
539 Posts
Yep deffo quad set up, just waiting for the parts.
I might send it back......
There’s some nice aftermarket ones for the B8.5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Marshy-A5

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
123 back to normal, posting the other back tomorrow, it never looked great being honest.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Probs stick with the twin pipe and get these sent, free post £250 seems a good option for the back box delete.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
View attachment 177930
The reason it looks odd is because it is a facelift diffuser and yours is a pre-facelift? That's why it doesn't fit properly. Or yours is not an S-line? :)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The reason it looks odd is because it is a facelift diffuser and yours is a pre-facelift? That's why it doesn't fit properly. Or yours is not an S-line? :)
You are wrong my friend, mine is a B8.5 facelift and this is the correct product for my car, the fact is that it's a horrid after market diffuser.
OEM is the way forward, I knew this before and this confirms it.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
You are wrong my friend, mine is a B8.5 facelift and this is the correct product for my car, the fact is that it's a horrid after market diffuser.
Aah! Sorry, I thought it was an OEM, not a copy S5 diffuser! Didn't know you could get them. :)

I just compared the slight flare on my bumper across the top of the diffuser to your bumper where it is flat.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Aah! Sorry, I thought it was an OEM, not a copy S5 diffuser! Didn't know you could get them. :)

I just compared the slight flare on my bumper across the top of the diffuser to your bumper where it is flat.
I mean, I tried to tell myself it was ok, but it was a shocker lol

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Decided to leave as is now, just delete the back boxes and run to single each side, keep oem look.
I got my Eibach pro-kit ready to fit, then a remap.
That will do for now, furlough cash is killing my savings LOL

·
Registered
508 Posts
I might have an oem diffuser for sale if you ever change your mind. 🤔

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I might have an oem diffuser for sale if you ever change your mind. 🤔
Sure, in an ideal world that would be my 1st choice, feel free to share the details 👍.
OEM with quad pipes, I need to change the front lights, I've had the back done, I've got the oem side skirts (need spraying and fitting), [email protected] list goes on hahaha, I love it.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Yes, exactly that, was made specifically for the SE B8.5.
I'm dubious whether the seller was advertising it as fitting the SE, it does, but maybe not properly as if you look at my bumper and yours and compare the diffusers, the shape of the copy one looks like an S-line fitment? But that's just me questioning it. :)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts