Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey!

I'm still waiting for a build date for my 1.8 TFSI (ordered in January). I was told to get in June and I thought 5 months is def worth it. Two weeks ago they said September! So I got sad, mad, I cried, hurt myself, etc...

Now they're saying _maybe_ june... And I'm like don't toy with me!

Anyways what I'm wondering is,
Should I wait and get the car when it's a 2009 model instead after the summer? What are the differences between -08 and -09?

Any light on the subject would be appreciated :)

·
Registered
162 Posts
Hey!

I'm still waiting for a build date for my 1.8 TFSI (ordered in January). I was told to get in June and I thought 5 months is def worth it. Two weeks ago they said September! So I got sad, mad, I cried, hurt myself, etc...

Now they're saying _maybe_ june... And I'm like don't toy with me!

Anyways what I'm wondering is,
Should I wait and get the car when it's a 2009 model instead after the summer? What are the differences between -08 and -09?

Any light on the subject would be appreciated :)

Click on the button marked 'search' and paste the following:
New Options for the 2009 A5 are

I noted the differences in the Euro MY09 about half way down the thread.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I just get back here but with random red words!
I am also wondering if it is better to wait for the 09 model. The dealership are as about as much use as a wet kipper at a funeral.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Strange, that was the exact name of the thread!
Anyway here it is again:

The model year changes at the beginning of CW22

* Aux. input on all stereos (3.5mm jack)
* Drive Select buttons to be opaque rather than translucent
* Side Assist is operational from 30kph instead of 60kph

New options on the order list (here in Germany anyway):

* 'Full Beam Assistant' (my translation) toggles the full beam headlights, to prevent dazzling the oncoming and leading traffic. €115, when ordered with the light/rain sensor.
* 'S' Sports Seats. As found in the S5, the S Sports seats are now an option for the A5 at €1,990
* Colour Driver Information System is now optional €135
* AMI is now available for the smaller radios €245

Hope this helps

·
Registered
750 Posts
I just get back here but with random red words!
I am also wondering if it is better to wait for the 09 model. The dealership are as about as much use as a wet kipper at a funeral.
Hi G8,

Next time, when you are searching for a specific text string, enclose it in quotes like so:
"New Options for the 2009 A5 are"

It will narrow the search to the exact phrase, not all of the separate words.

Also, if you wait much longer, you'll only be able to get the '09s.

Good luck and enjoy.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Thanks guys. Sounds like the changes are small beer. Will just be glad to get the car whatever the production year. Drove from Salisbury to Birmingham and back yesterday in my wife's Polo and I only saw one A5 for the whole trip and that was within 0.5 mile of my house. Must say it is a real head-turner. Those DLRs really grow on you. Wasn't certain at first but very pleased I have specified them having followed advice on this forum.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts