Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so I ordered my Meteor Grey A5 two weeks ago, gonna be shipped in about january or so.

In pictures, I've seen some A5s with the front lights having a hint of yellow, and some don't,, what's up with that?

also when I went to look at the A5, I noticed that next to the light itself, there was this piece of plastic, that is not a bulb but just a piece of plastic. I have no idea what that is, if someone can clarify :D

I also want to change or paint my exterior mirrors to look like the S5's has anyone done it??

Thanks All..

· Registered
6,346 Posts
All sorts of new stuff on A5/S5. Lane assist etc, some have different front grill.

I am surprised you want to paint mirrors, why not just buy an S5 if you want an A5 to look like one??

· Registered
415 Posts
RGB, it's not exactly unheard of for people to want to adopt some of the styling cues of another model for their own car. It could be that FAI only cares about the mirrors. In which case $10K is a steep price tag.

FAI, as for those mirrors, it's always a dicey proposition to try to paint plastic and make it look chrome. It's beyond the skill of most people armed only with a spray can. You could just buy the mirror caps from an S5. I don't know what they cost, but my guess is a couple hundred dollars.

And the reason you see yellow in some A5 headlamps and not in others is a Europe/US thing. US-market A5s have amber side markers in the headlight housing. European models don't. Some people have bought the Euro-spec lights, at considerable expense.

· Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't want to purchase an S5 because it's a V8 engine and it's just too sporty for a person my age. I thought of buying the S5 mirrors. With the Meteor Grey however, the car looks so much better with chrome mirrors. Now, I just heard that the A5 will have some features, so I sent an email to my dealer and told him to check it and let me get the new features. If he couldn't, then I'll order another one, and just ditch the older one.. NO PROBLEMO

· Registered
6,346 Posts
FAI and aerodave.. Fortunately we can do what we like. I just don't see the point turning a silk purse into a pigs ear (or dogs breakfast) if you get my drift. Sticking S5 bits on a A5 when all else looks A5 is a bit sad I think. (Maybe different in US after all you do have a pit Bull with lipstick!

Cheers

Rg

· Registered
3,586 Posts

· Registered
6,346 Posts
Right, thanks. I was thinking the Q was about the Adaptive Cruise lump near the spotlights on some models. There is a pic on here somewhere but can't find it! Think it's the posting re the 'Spoiler' and Bodykit.

Cheers

RG

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.