Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'd like to know how other diesel owners get on with filling up. Can't say I'm very experienced with this car as I’ve only filled up 3 times but 2 times out of the 3 I’ve had a spillage!

My problem seems to be that the nozzle won’t go fully in so the splash guard on the nozzle doesn’t sit anywhere near the filler cap. Anyone else have this problem? Don't think I’d be too fussed if it was petrol but the diesel looks bad as it collects the dirt on the side of the car.

Thanks,
Al.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Can't say I've had any problems. Nozzle goes straight in and clicks off when its full. If this is one station maybe the pumps are a bit wacky - try somewhere else. If its lots of stations then you must be doing something odd :confused: - nozzle should go in without a problem.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Been to 3 seperate garages unfortunately. Can you get the nozzle in up to the spash guard?

Starting to think there may be a problem with my filler cap.

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
When I fill up, the splash guard normally sits right at the rear quarter panel, it doesn't go all the way in. But I never get any diesel spilling or splashing out. To be honest, the splash guard has never went all the way in with any vehicle i've owned.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Try twisting the handle towards the right......(anti clockwise).... so your hand is near the fuel filler flap.... should get the nozzle in a little further

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
nope no problems here :(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.