Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

521 - 529 of 529 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
A small thing, but I'm glad I figured it out:
It's hitting the 90's and 100's in the afternoons here now, and I like to leave my windows cracked while at work. I used to hit the "Down" window buttons while the car was still running, but that engages the feature to lower them all the way automatically; I try to hit the buttons "Up" to stop them at a suitable location, and sometimes they stop and sometimes they start going back up!
IF I shut the engine off, first, then the windows only move while you're holding the buttons, Duh! So much easier!

·
Registered
549 Posts
Botch,
if you press or pull the window switch lightly you will hear/feel 1 click. If you press or pull the window switch all the way you should hear/feel 2 clicks.
1 click and the window will stop as soon as you let go,
2 clicks and the window will automatically go all the way down or up.
Try opening your window partially with a little more finesse you'll see what I mean.
?

·
Registered
66 Posts
@Smokey Joe, I can feel that "two-click" on my turn signals and my cruise control, but not on my window switches. I'll try again tomorrow morning, but will admit "finesse" is not in my personal tool box.... :giggle:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Was playing around with the light switch settings yesterday. If the switch is set to Auto and the engine is off, moving the indicator stalk to activate the left or right turn signal will instead turn on the DRL for the corresponding indicator. However pressing the switch for your hazards will turn both indicators on. Check the link below (video is too large to upload here).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just found out after nearly 4yrs of ownership that the passengers side mirror turns down to show the ground when reverse gear is selected

·
Registered
386 Posts
Finally got around to setting both keys to remember the 2 different memory seat positions - all I needed to do was put each key in (ignition on) and in the MMI (3G+) go to Car, Vehicle settings, Seats, then select Remote key ON.
Then replaced my key with the second key, put the memory into the second drivers selected position (I have memory seats so this was already set in position 2), and then repeated the above sequence for that key as well- works for both keys independently now, so when you unlock with your key it adjusts the seats to the setting you have selected before you get in when another driver has previously used the car with the other key & their own settings..

Reactions: Botch
521 - 529 of 529 Posts