Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

481 - 500 of 528 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Video

I found yesterday that while a video is playing, if you turn the volume all the way down, it doesn't just mute the sound, but pauses the video as well.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Apparently according to the manual. Cars with the auto-dimming mirror also dims the exterior mirrors?
Only if you've spec'd the dimming wing mirrors. You can tell as they have a blue coloured boarder to the glass.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Balls. Would've been nice as with the privacy glass the auto-dim barely gets used anyway
Well then it wouldn't have made much of a difference since the sensor for the side mirrors is the same one used in the rear view mirror. So if the rear view isn't dimming, neither would the side mirrors.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
and if your rear view dimming mirror is a retrofit, you will not have the wiring to the wing mirrors.

Also note if you have tinted rear glass then this also affects the dimming.

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
the rearview dimming function is based on the difference between coming from the front and from the rear.
you may not be able to do anything about the light from the rear, but you can choose different front windows in VCDS.
it is in module 9 :)

Attachments

·
Registered
693 Posts
the rearview dimming function is based on the difference between coming from the front and from the rear.
you may not be able to do anything about the light from the rear, but you can choose different front windows in VCDS.
it is in module 9 :)
Might be worth a play

I appreciate that the titned glass effects the auto-dim. With the tints I don't really need the centre mirror to dim. Would have been nice (if i had the ablility) to dim the side mirrors

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
personally, I don't think the dimming effect of the centre rear view mirror is enough, far from it.
in my previous car, I had the mirror dimmed day and night :)

·
Registered
275 Posts
personally, I don't think the dimming effect of the centre rear view mirror is enough, far from it.

in my previous car, I had the mirror dimmed day and night :)

+1. I had loan car for a day (A4) and i was not impressed with how this mirror dimmed. I rather to flip the switch on my standard mirror and this is much better. Wing mirrors - sometimes wish to have dim option on these

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
Wing mirrors - sometimes wish to have dim option on these
never noticed if they are dimmed or not :)
the diference must be even smaller than the internal mirror.

·
Registered
255 Posts
never noticed if they are dimmed or not :)
the diference must be even smaller than the internal mirror.
I had dimming wing mirrors in my old A3 and they do dim quite alot. Have got some dimming mirrors for the A5 and a dimming rear view mirror. Think just need a new cable from the mirror to centre convenience module. So will see how easy it easy to retro-fit

·
Registered
236 Posts
If you press the on /off / mute button quickly when a traffic report interrupts the radio program you're listening to, it terminates the traffic report and reverts to your original station:thumbsup:
I use the lh roller button on the multi function steering wheel to do that when it interrupts my music.:smile2:

·
Registered
91 Posts
I hadn't previously seen this old thread so I have now ploughed through all 17 pages.

I always RTFM but there's so much information in the book that it's not always easy to take it all in or remember each little nuance.

I'm glad because I picked up on a couple of things in the thread that I didn't know about - the electronic parking brake automatically releasing when you pull away with seat belt on. Also the little folding hook on the boot floor tray to hook it up out of the way when lifting out the spare. :surprise:

I have one to add that I find very useful and that I didn't see in the thread or the manual:

With Advanced Key, once the external door handle sensor has been touched to lock the door, the handle can be operated/pulled within 2 seconds to check the door has physically locked. If left for more than 2 seconds the door will just open again normally.

I prefer to pull on the handle to check the door is locked rather than relying on the red indicator light or chirp.

:cool:

HTB

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
I am clearly going blind. After having this car since 2011 I just noticed that there is a light at the end of the speedo and rev-counter that moves around with the needle.

Looks great. LOL.

Matt.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Did you know that a penny is just the right size to slide between the coin lid and bottom back towards the dash and rattle around when you take corners?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

481 - 500 of 528 Posts