Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This isn't immediately obvious (unless you read the manual) so thought I should post this as it took me a few days to figure out how to raise and lower the headrests on the electric seats.

You need to push/pull the backrest lever up/down (not back/forth) and the headrests will raise or lower. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Not the case for the S5 though only A5, head rests are integrated into the seat so no adjustment possible.

EDIT: I must be seeing things did it not say A5/S5 in the post before. Ignore my post now anyway.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your not seeing things - i edited the original post and removed reference to the S5 as I know from test driving the S5 has fixed headrests.

·
Registered
735 Posts
I was wondering too :p

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
This isn't immediately obvious (unless you read the manual) so thought I should post this as it took me a few days to figure out how to raise and lower the headrests on the electric seats.

You need to push/pull the backrest lever up/down (not back/forth) and the headrests will raise or lower. :rolleyes:
Thanks for posting that! I was wondering about that just yesterday. Haven't really had time to read the manual yet. Been too busy driving the car. :)

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
Whast else you might notice is, if you normally have your seat higher than normal, then when you put the backrest forward in order to get into the back, the entire seat drops and then moves forward.

Had me thinking there was a loose connection at some point!!

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Also very good to know! Thanks Rab!

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
related as it may the heated seats has anyone noticed if the setting is higher than 4 you burn your bum?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hi Fellas, while talking about seats, i'm only getting the lowly manual seats but I've seen on the Audi Channel when getting in the back that the seats tilt normally but move forward electrically, is this standard or only on the electric seat option?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Thanks for that Tuff. I Just copped that post after i posted.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
no but really all the joking aside anyone had the same experience? and yes jeans etc are on for the absent minded fellas reading!

im not sure if its a fault or normal.:confused:

·
Registered
159 Posts
And for those too busy to read the manual, when you want to get to the back seats you can 'one-touch' the rocker button after tilting the seat (which lowers the headrest), it will then move all the way forward on its own. Doesn't work in reverse as you may cripple anyone that's just got in!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Thanks - that has been bugging me all week. All I need to do is figure out how to get my memory card for my Blackberry which slipped under the seat rail.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
a little magnet might grab it out of the rail???

1 - 20 of 21 Posts