Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I just purchased new S5 yesterday and I'm really excited and happy with my S5. I have few questions that,

Model Year: 2009
Model: 8T35BL S5 4.2 COUPE 2-DR AUTO QUATTRO
Exterior Color: L8L8 PHANTOM BLACK PEARL EFFECT
Interior Color: SB PEARL SILVER
Options: 5TW VAVONA WOOD ASSAM GREY DECORATIVE INLAYS
6W3 FRONT LICENSE PLATE HOLDER
9VK BANG & OLUFSEN SOUND SYSTEM
PDR AUDI DRIVE SELECT
PND AUDI DVD NAVIGATION PLUS
PTA TECHNOLOGY PACKAGE

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Estimated Total MSRP $62,665

Basically, this is the car I have purchased and I got it for $60328, about $2000 discount. I did not find any problem when I drove the car home yesterday. My big concern is that this car has already 188 miles and dealer told me it took out for test drive few times and alloated from another dealer. What if this car has been tested abusively?, like most test car does. Do you think it would be the problem for the car in the future? Am I worrying too much? or I just shut up and dirve the car. Or do you think I need to trade with another one? (I can trade with anohter one within 48 hours from purchase time) I'm really sorry for stupid questions, but this is my first car that I am really hooked into. I have been patiently waiting for 2 years to get it and happiness and concern are with me at the same time now. Thank you for reading this and any comments will be really appreciated. :)

·
Registered
135 Posts
Well it's a decent price, not the deal of the century and not a rip off either. I paid MSRP a year ago for my S5 as the demand was pretty high and the auto industry slump here in the US wasn't as severe. Plus I'm in Northern California where retail auto prices average slightly higher.

Regarding the 188 miles -- don't worry about it. That's not very much and it's unlikely it was abused. These cars are built like tanks and it can take some hard driving anyway. I know how you feel though, I didn't even want my salesman to let anyone else SIT inside my car when it was delivered. Just enjoy the car. Congratulations!!! It's a fantastic car.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Sounds a great spec especially :
Exterior Color: L8L8 PHANTOM BLACK PEARL EFFECT
Interior Color: SB PEARL SILVER
:):)

I would be really annoyed if my new baby had 188 test drive miles and all I got was 2k ($ or £) off. Bloody cheek! I would try to negotiate a bigger discount or some Customer care benefits. Then carry on and enjoy. :moped:

PS when I test drove dealer demo S5 (new) I got 14mpg!

·
Registered
196 Posts
I agree with BBT--if it is the car you want, just drive it. I doubt there are any problems but you do have the warranty. If it really bothers you, get the new one (assuming you still get the discount.):wall:
I got my S5 1 year ago (26 March, 08) and paid list. The cars were scarce then and the economy was not yet in the toilet. We pay about the same as No. Cal and it appears the S5's are still selling (as are most Audis).:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you all for the comments, I have decided to keep the car. I took out the car today again, and I just love it. This is my first car which I think worth the price. Just fantastic. Thanks again!

·
Registered
38 Posts
i got some pretty good out the door prices. 62500 on an ibis white one and a phantom black one. Black has nav, tech, and wood. White has nav, tech, wood, and bang. Still can't decide on which one to go with though. Any suggestions? Both have black interiors also.

·
Registered
256 Posts
i got some pretty good out the door prices. 62500 on an ibis white one and a phantom black one. Black has nav, tech, and wood. White has nav, tech, wood, and bang. Still can't decide on which one to go with though. Any suggestions? Both have black interiors also.
Depends on:
1. What you think of the B&O-many of us love it but there are a few who don't.

2. How much time and energy you have for keeping a car clean. A black car is definitely harder to keep clean.

Of course, you have to remember that Ibis is the fastest colour!:)

·
Registered
953 Posts
Go with your gut instinct, it is invariably right. How important is colour to you? Do you want the B&O?

Once you've answered those questions you'll have the car you want.

(very zen)

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
I agree with Highendrifter ... but for me it's Phantom Black with B&O!:moped:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Thanks for the replies. My family is pretty superstitious about colors. Black=bad luck. But it looks awesome when it's clean. Plus i'm pretty lazy about cleaning my car and waxing it. I'll probably fly down to southern california to pick up the white one. I'm considering driving it back...but i don't want to put 450 miles on it right off the bat. Shipping is $335 though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.