Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

This thread is for the So Cal A5/S5 owners. I was wondering which shop(s) you go to for detailing / tint jobs. I have never had a car detailed before, so I am a newbie to this field. I searched the web and found hundreds of detailing shops in the area, and would much rather go to a recommended place. Also, I noticed that some people were having problems after they got their tint done. Which So Cal tint shops have you gone to, and would you recommend?

Thanks for the help guys. Any feedback will be much appreciated.

ps. Sorry for another detailing/tint post, but I didn't see any for the LA County region.

·
Registered
479 Posts
You're not too far from me - 60/57 is not even a contest - Tint Zone in Rowland Heights. They've done 4 cars for me, good prices, great work.

Tint Zone
18472 Colima Road Suite 112
Rowland Heights, CA 91748
(626) 581-9977
http://www.tintzone.net/

IIRC, I think for 5 window tint (2 front, 2 rear, back window) it should run $140. He uses Solargard materials.

For detailing, I always detail my own car, so I don't have any first hand experience but there's a mobile guy that works on a few of my neighbors, usually charges $225-250 for a full inside/out detail.... works on a car for 6-7 hours and does a really nice job from what I can tell.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Oh, and yes, they did my A5 and no issues with overspraying and burning out all the electronics as others have experienced and warned about.

I have a good clearbra place in La Verne too if you want it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh, and yes, they did my A5 and no issues with overspraying and burning out all the electronics as others have experienced and warned about.

I have a good clearbra place in La Verne too if you want it.
Hey Shady, thanks for the info! Tint Zone is definitely in my area... good to know that you had your A5 tinted there too! Thanks for supplying a pic as well. Do you have medium tint all around? Do you know the percentage?

Also, regarding the clearbra, how do you like it? Can you see it on there from a distance? Would you recommend?

·
Registered
479 Posts
If I recall, the tint is the Solargard Supreme 22%, which is pretty much what I have put on all my cars.... it's dark enough for privacy and the casual glance, but not outrageously dark that it draws unwanted attention. I am thinking of going back and having my sunroof glass tinted as well.

The clearbra, I think it is a good investment, there is a thread on it someplace around here, but I had the installer do my full hood and fenders, so you can't see an "end line" on the film. Aerotect in LaVerne did mine, ask for Jeanne or Francisco (http://www.aerotect.net/)
By the way, your car is looking awesome. Mine will be exactly the same, Brilliant Black with them 5 star 18's.. :D
Thanks, I actually really like the classic 5-spoke look of the 18s a lot, but unfortunately those wheels will be gone pretty soon. :cool:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Shady,

How much did the tint job cost? It looks great - just the right shade. I'm supposed to be getting my Brilliant Black A5 in the middle of October and I'm considering tinting too. I'm in the S.Cal area also so would probably go to the place you recommended.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.