Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I have just placed a deposit on a 2009 S5 Tip in Phantom Black/Magma Red with Nav, Tech and B&O.

According to the dealer I am the first person on the list for an allocation for a Tiptronic. Allocation should come in August with a Nov/Dec delivery.

I can't wait!!!:D

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Congrats and welcome! :)

·
Registered
209 Posts
Fyi

Just a heads up that an allocation is not ever guaranteed. Allocations for October delivery came out 15 July.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just a heads up that an allocation is not ever guaranteed. Allocations for October delivery came out 15 July.
Thanks for the info. Someone else told me the exact same thing. I have another dealer competing for my business who already has the allocation. Would it be in my best interest to just go with him?

Also, the deposit I placed is non-refundable. Do you think I will be able to get the deposit back since the allocation is still pending at the first dealer:confused:

·
Registered
122 Posts
Thanks for the info. Someone else told me the exact same thing. I have another dealer competing for my business who already has the allocation. Would it be in my best interest to just go with him?

Also, the deposit I placed is non-refundable. Do you think I will be able to get the deposit back since the allocation is still pending at the first dealer:confused:
Non-refundable deposit? I think you should challenge that, I think I read on here that the law on that is different from state to state though.

And speaking from experience, if a dealer has an allocation, and you can take the car in the next 3-4 months, then jump on it. This is how I was able to put money on my car in April and get the car (ETA) at the end of July.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Non-refundable deposit? I think you should challenge that, I think I read on here that the law on that is different from state to state though.

And speaking from experience, if a dealer has an allocation, and you can take the car in the next 3-4 months, then jump on it. This is how I was able to put money on my car in April and get the car (ETA) at the end of July.
I'm thinking I will challenge it. I definitely don't want to end up playing the waiting game that many others already are.

Now that I think about it, the dealer has not been very forthcoming with info ever since he received my deposit. I kind of rushed into the deal and sent over the deposit before receiving the contract. That might be a good thing because there is nothing in writing binding me or my deposit as I haven't signed anything yet.

Also, any information you have regarding the laws about deposits will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Good news!!

I told the dealer I would pull the deposit and magically, he got the allocation today. He said they had it since yesterday, but the sales manager never told him they came in...yea ok:rolleyes:

They had one for a 6-speed and one for Tip. I chose Tip.

So I am in the system and they sent me a copy of the allocation. It had a requested build date of 9/8/2008. He said delivery should be in November if they could get production at said date.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
That's great! I'm sure you're quite happy now. :)

Funny how it took you having to almost pull your deposit in order to finally get an allocation. Coincidence or not a coincidence? Hmmm. :rolleyes: Regardless, it sure was ironic.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That's great! I'm sure you're quite happy now. :)

Funny how it took you having to almost pull your deposit in order to finally get an allocation. Coincidence or not a coincidence? Hmmm. :rolleyes: Regardless, it sure was ironic.
Yea I'm definitely happy but its a bitter sweet thing.

It sure is "ironic" how that happened. If it wasn't for the scarcity of the S5, I would not even be dealing with this guy after that stunt.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Quick question - my dealer is insisting non-refundable deposit for $500 to place an order. is this normal? Or should I insist on non-refundable. I can see their point in that they do not want to be stuck with the car (which I highly doubt). T

Or note that the deposit is refundable until the dealer is given an allocation and the order has been placed with the factory?

hanks

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
From the many posts I've read, it seems most Audi dealerships in the US have refundable deposits on the A5/S5.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts