Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The sill on my Audi S5 (B8) has had this dent/cave in it since I bought it. Not sure what caused it. The last picture shows the opposite undamaged side.

I tried a handheld puller tool with glue on tabs but the glue comes away before the metal moves.

What would be the best way (bar cutting it out) to repair this? Is there access from the back to push it out? Doesn't need to be perfect, just less noticeable.

Any help greatly appreciated, thanks.

Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Road surface Asphalt

Hood Plant Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Tints and shades

Tire Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Wheel Automotive tire

Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire Car Grille
Tire Wheel Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Looks like someone has jacked it up on the sill rather than the strengthened lip :)

Yeah the sills form part of the structure of the body. The metal thickness will be much thicker than body panels which you can use glue stick pullers on.

To fix this, I think a body shop will weld rods onto the sill and use a puller. Like what you have tried but more heavy duty and obviously the paint will need to be repaired unlike the glue PDR used on panels. But like I say the sills are thick, so cutting it out may have to be done.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This would have been something you did. The car hit something, nothing external hitting it could have caused this. Cost to repair, well they'd have to try to pull it out and then body filler it to make ti smooth then paint. You'd be better off not going that way since to pull it they have to compromise the seal of the paint. You could just sand it till it's roughed up but not through the undercoat, then body fill and paint yourself.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts