Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there.

Anyone here who didn't get the satnav/AMI option have the Dension 500 gateway fitted yet?

If so, I'd love to hear about it.

Incredibly, went to the dealer today (my current A4 had some battery issues) and, having previously being told the car was slated for March build, instead they said is was being built this week and would be at the dealer's in 4 weeks. Happy Days!

Now I just need to get my ipod hooked up to the Dension and I'm good to go!

Stoatie

·
Registered
157 Posts
I have the Denison link, but i also have a sat nav without the Audi gateway connection. The link works well in this set up. the tracks display on both the sat nav screen and the smaller display and the tracks can be changed via the steering wheel controls.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi Frazer,

I am interested in gettin the denison in my car, do you have the 500 model?

Does it opperate through the steering wheel controls?

Is the interface in the screen good? I dont have sat nav.

Cheers

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey ICZ. I sent you a PM earlier about this. About whether you'd had the gateway fitted in Portadown yet? I guess the answer's no!

Why have you waited? I see the gateway 500 now has offical A5 support on the Audi site.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi Stoatie

Replyed to your PM a few mins ago. Will see if i can get it installed. Am out of the country for a few weeks, so will have to get it booked in for returning!!!
I will let you know, so you can see it working

Wayne

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry. I meant it was on the Dension site. click the 'compatabilty' link. the A5 used to read 'coming soon', but now there's a part number. sorry I can't link to it - I'm mobile today.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi

Found it, it says it is only for the MMI Radios, mine hasnt got mmi or satnav

Wayne

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
As I understand it (can others pls confirm), MMI is the multi media interface, i.e. the joypad, screen combo, standard on all A5s and analogous to the BMW iDrive.

The AMI is the Audi Music Interface, which is the optional ipod-friendly bit that you can only get with satnav.

The Dension product is designed for people who don't have the above.

Is that what you were thinking of Wayne?

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have the satnav/ami fitted but here are some pictures of the 500 gateway with it.

Take note that is the wifes playlist

·
Registered
61 Posts
I think I might be interested in getting this fitted. The unit itself costs just around £280 but does anyone know how much a professional installer would charge to fit and do you think it would affect the Audi warranty?

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
i think audi fit the units aswell!

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
I think I might be interested in getting this fitted. The unit itself costs just around £280 but does anyone know how much a professional installer would charge to fit and do you think it would affect the Audi warranty?
The Gateway 500 is Audi Approved and they will fit it for £370.68 - at least that is what my dealer quoted me yesterday. Worth doing it through your dealer to maintain the Audi warranty in case of 'issues'.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I didn't get the CD changer for my car, so I only have the single slot cd player. If I get this unit, will I still be able to play a CD?

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Pretty sure you cant use the 500 model if you dont have the cd changer or satnav. Im in the same position. Not sure what i am going to do yet, i will prolly be ok with SD cards though as i dont need much music.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts