Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure this has been posted in another thread! But for the sake of updates, what are some of the visual inspections and questions for the dealer one should make?

I know a few checks:

under carriage
Paint and body (duh)
rims

I know I'll be so excited and forget half of what I want to do and ask!

·
Registered
714 Posts
I'd insist that the dealer walk you through every major function in the car even if you think you know what they are. I had my car delivered to me at home (company car) and the guy was great as he spent ages walking me around everything.

Turn up the stereo (don't be shy) and make sure it doesn't distort/vibrate. Put the windows down and back up several times.

I'd also check for the locking wheel nut.

Oh ... and I'd check the mileage on the car too. Mine was still in single figures.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey, good call Tuff.

Locking wheel nuts, mileage, and crank up the B & O - CHECK

Thanks

·
Registered
220 Posts
You know I think the biggest challenge with the car on delivery is there is just so much in it. I picked mine up and I told them I would take it for a few days, read the manual, and what I had questions on, or couldn't figure out, I would come back for another tutorial. You really have to play with it for a few days to figure out what you can't figure out. You really don't know what you don't know until you figure out what you don't know. You know?

·
Registered
750 Posts
Excellent point U.S5, there are so many gadgets (depending on your options), I'd do both:

Ask for a "walk through" and also play with it for a few days, then ring the dealer with the extra questions that come up. Good luck!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.