Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered my car in November last year and requested delivery for middle of May to cross-over with the expiry of my current lease car. The date of delivery requested is recorded at the top of the contract. However, I received a letter today from my dealer to say the car is due and will be ready in 2 weeks - 3 months earlier than I need it!

I am not financially able to take delivery now, but I don't want my £40k car sitting at the dealer either - what should I do? :confused:

·
Registered
104 Posts
I had a similar problem with Audi 3 years ago when the car I odered turn up 2months before my lease had run out. The dealer was great they just keep it in there holding pen.
One thing to be aware off you need to make sure they don't use it in the show room for the 3 months prior to you getting it. It could have had 100's of folk sitting in it before you get it yourself.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have spoken to the dealer - luckily the car is still across the Channel - so they can keep it over there apparently until May? - this is ok I assume?

·
Registered
72 Posts
You must be kidding me !?! And I have to wait till June :mad: why can't they do mine too early :confused:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The discounts on this car are getting bigger and the delivery times are getting shorter, result = lower residuals, to be expected I guess, but disappointing for a new model.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.