Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Just wondered if anyone has the official scoop on delivery times in the UK ? I want to order a 1.8T in the next couple of months, but I've heard rumours that delivery could be September, even as late as December ??? :eek:

Thanks for any info
Paul.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I ordered Mid feb and was promised 12 weeks for delivery. My build week is next week so I'm hoping to have the car ear May, so 12 weeks would be about right..

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
I ordered my Car 2 weeks ago (3.0TDI) and I was told that the 1.8T weren't coming in until October and he couldn't tell me when the 3.0TDI's are coming in either although he did hope it would be before October! :confused:

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
welcome Paul :)

as billy says i think your looking at a long wait for the 1.8. take a look at this thread

But anyway theres no official scoop im afraid, just got to wait untill you have build date after ordered and hope there are no production/supply delays.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I was told October for the 1.8 TFSI by Tyneside Audi two weeks ago, so I opted for a 3.0 TDI Sport that they had coming in already. I'm in a rush because I wanted to part-ex my 2001 TT asap as the poor thing is falling apart. They gave me a great price against the TDI.

·
Registered
181 Posts
My local German dealer told me today that if I ordered a 3.0 Tdi (RHD with the S-Line exterior package), then the earliest I could expect to see it would be late September.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I am not sure about 1.8T but my 3.0tdi was ordered 20Feb, build week 14, pick up date 1st week od May ...

hope that helps

·
Registered
3 Posts
Delivert Times

I ordered my 2.7TDI last Friday and was told that Audi were quoting September delivery dates to the dealer, although it may arrive slightly sooner.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I had a conversation with my dealer on Wednesday of this week and he showed me the official lead time info he recieves direct from the factory every week. So this was seen with my own eyes on his computer and not hearsay or sales BS!

Currently Audi are quoting Sepember delivery for all 1.8T and 3.0TDi models and October for the 2.7TDi. Very, very limited numbers of 3.0 cars are available from stock by I quote, "Special negotiation". 2.7 and 1.8 cars are not available from stock at all currently.

The guy I'm dealing with is also a friend and neighbour, hence why he was more candid i think? He said that typically these quotes are very reliable although as the build is determined by spec and parts availability, (as confirmed in another thread), they can fluctuate slightly, but normally only by a few weeks not months.

Sadly I'm still waiting for them to get a 1.8T on demo so i can have a test drive so still not in a position to order :(

However he did lend me a lovely A8 Sport for a couple of days as a favour so I can't complain too much!! :)

·
Registered
735 Posts
The S5 and 3.2 petrol must be easy to get hold of now so then? :confused:

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Would have thought a large percentage of the 3.2's will be in America. Havnt seen anyone in EU getting the 3.2 yet, on this forum anyway.

·
Registered
15 Posts
1.8t

Hi all

I saw a black 08 plate 1.8T on the M4 yesterday evening, heading westbound from J16. I wish I had taken a picture now, but it was definitely a 1.8T. I should've tried to get a closer look at it to see whether it was an Audi UK press car.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Local dealership in salisbury says September/October for 1.8TFSi at the moment. I have a May schedule but still no biuld week.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
My dealer told me on Tuesday that I should be getting a May build week which would mean I could take delivery of the car at the start to mid June! I was well chuffed as you can imagine as originally I feared I may not get it until Sep or even Oct! I think the only reason I got it earlier is because my salesman used one of their other dealerships allocation otherwise I think it would have been Sep/Oct time! :D

·
Registered
113 Posts
Im in Ireland and wanted to get a 1.8 for Jan (or maybe a 2.0 if they are available) and figured i would need to be ordering by maybe June/July so i went to a dealer about 2 weeks ago.

They had a 1.8 in stock and i have seen 2 or 3 on the roads. I asked if i wanted one for Jan when would i need to be ordering and he said at the start of Oct should be fine. So thats 12 weeks for delivery. I told him i was afraid it would be 5-6 months and he said no, 12 weeks should be ok.

I e-mailed another dealer 2 days ago to find out if this is true (just asked him how long is the delivery time on a 1.8 and i also asked him if he knew when the 2.0 would be available) but i still havent heard back from him - which is kind of annoying. Didnt think it would take this long to reply to an e-mail

1 - 16 of 16 Posts