Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
quick point on the advanced key locking. It takes some getting used to, but the trick is to leave the key in your pocket, and when you walk up to the car, just grab the handle and open. That's the easy part. The weird part is that when you go to lock it, you habitually want to grab the handle again and touch the little square area with your thumb to lock the door. Of course, this totally confuses the sensor because holding the handle is the UNLOCK mechanism, while the button is the lock. Plus, as you'll read about in the manual soon Im sure, there is a feature that keeps the door locked for a short period, probably so you have time to walk away. The alternative is that you close the door, lock it, turn your back, and someone slips up to the car, touches the handle and unlocks it, starts the car and goes off with it. Could be done if done stealthily and quickly. Do read the manual. It is not well written (the english translation is awkward and there are numerous typos) but it will help you understand the issue. ALSO --- the sensors in some of the original S5 models sucked - Audi knows about this, so if you find that doing things the right way still doesnt work, they'll replace the sensors as they have on many cars already.

·
Registered
151 Posts
You are most certainly welcome. My parents were going nuts with this issue on their A5, so I went and read through the entire manual to help them out with various issues. This one was particularly vexing, so I made sure they had it down pat. Cant wait to try it out more when my S5 arrives in a couple of weeks.

Enjoy!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.