Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had it for two days and here are a few points, positive and negative.

Positives:

The car looks great and the silver seats and Piano black trim works superbly.
The interior is 1st class.
B&O is excellent
Nav is very good
MMI in general is very good
AMI works great with my 8GB iPod
Steering is great - I really like the way it changes and I was a bit skeptical
Alloys are great and cleaned very well with a powerwasher, perfectly, in fact
Boot is very big and I was able to get two sets of golf clubs, two sports bags and a trolly (golf, not shopping) in relatively easily.
Back seat head room a little better than expected and a 5'8'' passenger had no probs - I think 5'10'' with a short back is the limit!
The engine is fantastic and the car is such a strong cruiser, it is an absolute pleasure to drive on the motorway. You feel like you are in a plane - never experienced this before.
Bluetooth woks well.
DRL' look great.
Heated front seats are very good and cover a large area of the seat on the base and the back - quite a bit better than the e46M3.
Advanced key works well, but seems a bit fickle when locking - must red manual.
Hill hold is excellent - I really love this feature - so handy.
Haven't driven at night, so can't comment on the brightness of the lights or the adaptive feature.
Seats are pretty good and I am on the line as to say whether they are positives or negatives - they are just a little pinchy in the seat and back. I'm nearly 6'1'' and weigh c.88kg/190lbs.
Interior lighting excellent, front and back

Negatives:

Anti-Stall - This has really made me :mad: - It is a major disapointment and I have reported it to the dealer (by email) and will follow up on Monday.
It has been gone over a hundred times here, however, it is very frustrating as many new deliveries seem not to have it. Does anyone have any news on this? Is there an ECU update available - I will have a search after I post this.
Would really appreciate some info/comfort here.

When I got home I looked at thebonnet in the sunlight and noticed a hazy patch as if a buffer had one over ot to get a mark out. You can only see this
in direct sunlight and I have reported it as well.

MPG is savage - I have been getting about 14 around town and 21 combined.

The Anti-Stall has taken the edge off a superb vehicle and hope it will be sorted.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
quick point on the advanced key locking. It takes some getting used to, but the trick is to leave the key in your pocket, and when you walk up to the car, just grab the handle and open. That's the easy part. The weird part is that when you go to lock it, you habitually want to grab the handle again and touch the little square area with your thumb to lock the door. Of course, this totally confuses the sensor because holding the handle is the UNLOCK mechanism, while the button is the lock. Plus, as you'll read about in the manual soon Im sure, there is a feature that keeps the door locked for a short period, probably so you have time to walk away. The alternative is that you close the door, lock it, turn your back, and someone slips up to the car, touches the handle and unlocks it, starts the car and goes off with it. Could be done if done stealthily and quickly. Do read the manual. It is not well written (the english translation is awkward and there are numerous typos) but it will help you understand the issue. ALSO --- the sensors in some of the original S5 models sucked - Audi knows about this, so if you find that doing things the right way still doesnt work, they'll replace the sensors as they have on many cars already.
Geoffryy2k that was perfectly explained and it works a treat now. What a great feature advanced key is. Many thanks for taking the time out.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
unlike other carmakers using advance keys, Audi's system will NOT start the car until the key fob is INSIDE the car. I have experimented with this in my A6.

My buddy's car however will. Gotta hand it to that Japanese IMITATION luxury brand (whose name i will refrain from using). i have driven off with it before!
I bet that was funny..........................for you :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.