Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok. So I ordered an Ice Silver/Tuscan Brown S5 a couple of months ago, with a promised deliver in November... then December... then the dealer just called (Rusnak Audi, Pasadena, CA) and said it won't be until January. I have ordered two Audi's previously from him and thought I have had good service. Now I feel shammed. He told me that there are only Black S5s in the US right now, which is a lie.

Anyone have a way to check for the truth or how the deliver works. I want my S5 and don't want to have to wait until January

HELP PLEASE..........

·
Registered
135 Posts
Ok. So I ordered an Ice Silver/Tuscan Brown S5 a couple of months ago, with a promised deliver in November... then December... then the dealer just called (Rusnak Audi, Pasadena, CA) and said it won't be until January. I have ordered two Audi's previously from him and thought I have had good service. Now I feel shammed. He told me that there are only Black S5s in the US right now, which is a lie.

Anyone have a way to check for the truth or how the deliver works. I want my S5 and don't want to have to wait until January

HELP PLEASE..........
Well you're not the only one. My S5 was supposed to built the week of 9/24 then got pushed back to November and the last I heard was 12/13 but I wouldn't be surprised if it's pushed back farther.

You're dealer is partially correct in that many dealers got some Phantom Black S5's that were not customer ordered and are available for sale. Although at least one person got a white one already. I think it's ridiculous for them to do that when people have put their names on the list months ago and put down deposits. So lame.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know so ridiculous. I haven't even heard of a "built date" from my dealer. I think the whole "build your audi thing" is a fraud. He offered me a Ibis white with Brown as soon as tomorrow, but I want to wait for the Ice Silver/Tuscan Brown

·
Registered
12 Posts
I was at the dealer today checking out the demo. I was number 2 on the list ordered phantom black/black and he tells me the car is not build yet and it will not be until late dec or jan before it arrives. I also feel like I have been given the runaround. The dealer told me that each dealer gets 3 cars allocated to them and I was number 2 so I could build and spec my car and it would be here end of oct or nov. Well some people are driving there cars now. what is up with that

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
Unfortunately it's the same story for most upcoming owners. I suggest that you don't take it out on the dealer, though, as it's kinda like "shooting the messenger".

It's usually all down to the factory's output.

One thing I will say is that it's worth the wait! Trust me. It really is the one time you should be patient!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts