Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

Delivery delayed for almost 3 months!!!

2K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  Quattrings 
#1 ·
I have been informed that delivery of my S5 will be delayed by almost 3 months. :mad: I ordered the car two months ago and was told that mine will be one of the first to be delivered to Australia in early October. Now it seems that it wont be until early January. Can there be such a backlog at the factory?

Apparently Aust. is not a high priority for Audi. Any Aust. members or NZ members have any delivery dates as yet?

Cheers

#6 ·
...ordered mine 3 months ago as well, arrives in Port 'Fremantle' this Thursday!!.... wont expect it to get delievery for a couple of weeks i suspect....demo model arrives at Perth dealership today....Perth Audi told me they place orders for S5's last week for after christmas delievery...so its strange how yours got missed on the October run?

#8 ·
phantom black/silver, all note worthy options except sunroof....i never opened in it my current B6 S4....so i doubt id use it in the S5 regardless of the size......Have Avus Silver/Black Napa in my S4.....love the colour but I hope the black shows of the S5....and not hide too many details/lines of the car.....I saw meteor gray on the S5 at the Melbourne Motor Show in March this year...was very underwelming for me....although it shows to be a very interesting colour in variations of light.

#13 ·
Mine is delayed as well. Was supposed to have a build week of 9/24 but is now 11/something. I'm in the USA. Won't get it until January probably. the waiting is tough. oh well what can you do. My sales rep said the delays were due to an inability to get enough parts made in time. Sounds odd to me.

#15 ·
...i guess I'm one of the lucky ones!...will pick up car this friday!!!.....however I ordered the car in March upon returning from the Melbourne Motor Show ( debut of the S5 )......apparantly I will be the only S5 owner in Perth till Christmas...crazy:D ( although I was the only one with balls to put a deposit on it so soon and since the arrival of the DEMO a couple of weeks ago there are some very fustrated and jealous S5 buyers out there )....dealership states new orders as of now will not arrive till May/June.

Phantom/Pearl Nappa/stainless steel inserts, B & O etc etc......pics coming soon

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.