Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy folks,

Found this site via Google (what would we do without it!!) Has anyone had a confirmed delivery date or confirmation that their car has gone production yet?

Always difficult to totally believe a car dealer!

·
Registered
736 Posts
Max,

Welcome to the site.

Have you placed and order/deposit on a car? One of the UK members is expecting it any day. The dealers here (SF, California) are telling me Oct 2007 for the S5

·
Registered
4 Posts
Colour combo

Hi,

I opted for Phantom Black, with Mustang Brown Leather. I thought that the back might be a bit dark, the red was a bit garish for me and the grey was a bit too grey, so the it was the brown by default.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I ordered and paid a deposit in early March. I am hoping for delivery in week 3 of July. I still havent seen a car in the flesh though

·
Registered
695 Posts
I just put my deposit down on the first S5 to come in. The dealer expects a demo car in July with delivery in November.

I am currently planning on Metor Gray w/ Magma interior. B&O, NAV, and CF interior.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorry guys, hols beckoned! I ordered an S5 in March after seeing it in Geneva and was told week 36ish which has now changed to week 26 Mid (late July). Colour Meteor Grey with Black interior. Thought the dealer was spinning a yarn but checked with Audi Uk and they confirmed it would be here on or just after UK launch date of 14th July

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have ordered mine and paid deopsit. Not got a build week yet although I am told delivery will be late August. Phantom Black with Pearl Silver interior. They had a standard A5 in the showroom when I ordered the S5 it look pretty damn good. Can't wait to see the S in the flesh.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Order questions?

I have never been in the position, or had the desire to order a car sight unseen. I am in love with this car though, and have a couple of questions before I march into the dealer.

In the U.S., how does the process work? What type of deposit are we talking about? I want the car early next year, when my current lease is up. Can you specify a delivery window? What happens if that window is not met?Is there the option to lease?

Appreciate any help, and look forward to hearing your experiences.

Quantoc

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi Boo! Where was the A5 on display?
Hi John

It was in the UK at Harrogate Audi. This was about 3 weeks ago now. From what I can gather is that Audi have a few A5's that are doing the rounds of the dealerships. It was display only so no test drive was available.

Only a few weeks now though and they're released so should be able to see and drive one.

·
Registered
695 Posts
I have never been in the position, or had the desire to order a car sight unseen. I am in love with this car though, and have a couple of questions before I march into the dealer.

In the U.S., how does the process work? What type of deposit are we talking about? I want the car early next year, when my current lease is up. Can you specify a delivery window? What happens if that window is not met?Is there the option to lease?

Appreciate any help, and look forward to hearing your experiences.

Quantoc
Find a salesperson at a dealership you are happy to work with. Let them know exactly what you want (Car secifications, timetable, etc.) and sign a $1,000 check. Your early next year delivery time should give you and the dealer plenty of flexability in meeting your needs. By the time yours will be built and delivered there should be more factory options available and you will also have the luxury of seeing a car in person. Demo's are supposed to arrive in a month or so in the US dealerships.

I am sure sales/ lease will be available.

My salesperson is excited about the Audi's she sells. Also being very knowledgeable in the product makes me happy. I like dealing with her and it makes the wait easier.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi John

It was in the UK at Harrogate Audi. This was about 3 weeks ago now. From what I can gather is that Audi have a few A5's that are doing the rounds of the dealerships. It was display only so no test drive was available.

Only a few weeks now though and they're released so should be able to see and drive one.
Thanks for that.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
likewise i also saw a left hooker at Southampton Audi today which they have sitting in the showroom. It is my understanding that launch day is mid July and all dealers will have their demo's by then which you can test drive.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Forgot to add, my S5 is 'final checks' on the dealers computer which I was told meant that it was built this week (25, 1 week early) and I should get it in 3 weeks time (or launch day). Hold on to your hats folks!!!!

1 - 20 of 53 Posts