Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am posting this in the UK section primarily because if we are to arrange any get togethers it makes little sense to include the guys from other countries.

Having been a member of the TTOC and TT Forum there was a fair amount of regular get togethers in different regions. In Scotland we had a couple of Karting events, a get together in Pitlochry (meal and a blast around the local countryside) etc etc.

Although this may be a little premature due to delivery dates I am assuming that the regular (and not so regular) posters on this site wouldn't be averse to meeting up, putting faces to names etc and generally have a chin wag.

Probably not going to get many takers until cars arrive etc but to get the ball rolling who would be interested ?

Obviously going to be some geographical challenges, so we may need a couple of like minded souls to arrange different things in different parts of the country.

Might also be best to get an understanding of when people are expecting to get their cars so we can organise something when a few people can come along in A5 / S5's.

So couple of Q's - Any views on meets ?

What is your model / expected pick up date of your car ? I will edit this post to keep the dates in one place.

Andy_R S5 Oct / Nov 07
SBJ A5 Owner
Rab88 A5 Owner
SAJ 1982 S5 March 08
418BUC ? Owner
doubledoom S5 Oct 07

·
Registered
159 Posts
Hi Andy,

As an ex-TTOC club member I was wondering when the A5OC would be up and running!

I'm down in Ipswich and used to go to the TT Kneesworth meets. Might need to wait a few months before enough owners take delivery, I've had mine since July.

Simon

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
It's a bit early to organise any meets just yet. At the moment, there aren't all that many members who have taken delivery of their cars yet. Taking that into account, there may not also be that many members available for a meet any time soon... so we could end up with a very small number of people.

With regards to a Scottish/North England Meet, I think we'll still have to wait another good few months. We don't have many members based in Scotland/north england who have their cars yet.

A UK National meet might produce better numbers. You can get an idea of the numbers from the "who's all from the UK?" thread.

Although it would be good to have an idea of who - at this time - has their A5/S5 so we can forcast when to arrange our first meet.

I've got mine.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
It's a bit early to organise any meets just yet. At the moment, there aren't all that many members who have taken delivery of their cars yet. Taking that into account, there may not also be that many members available for a meet any time soon... so we could end up with a very small number of people.

With regards to a Scottish/North England Meet, I think we'll still have to wait another good few months. We don't have many members based in Scotland/north england who have their cars yet.

A UK National meet might produce better numbers. You can get an idea of the numbers from the "who's all from the UK?" thread.

Although it would be good to have an idea of who - at this time - has their A5/S5 so we can forcast when to arrange our first meet.

I've got mine.
Wait for me only 4 n half months to go till mine comes. :D

·
Registered
95 Posts
Southeast - hopefully 18th October (12 days and counting!)

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
The soon-to-be-owners all appear to be well spread out. North East, two in suffolk, quite a few in Scotland, 1 sout east....

Still, one thing you want to do when you get a new car is take it on a good run on roads that you arent bored with.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Hampshire, hopefully December. I guess late Spring 08 might be a good time to aim at, with what appears to be a cluster of cars entering their owners' driveways over the next 4-5 months.

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
Hampshire, hopefully December. I guess late Spring 08 might be a good time to aim at, with what appears to be a cluster of cars entering their owners' driveways over the next 4-5 months.

Yea, I agree. Spring 2008 would be a good time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts