Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Got my build week today. - Week 11 - 2008

Ordered late November and was told it would be an late April delivery.

My dealer is guessing the car will be ready for delivery week 15.

For everybody following the delivery status I can tell you that my order includes to Panoramic Sunroof. No delays here. I am located in Sweden.

Very happy today! :)

·
Registered
714 Posts
Got my build week today too ... week 10 :p

Reading through the forum it sounds like the whole build week thing really is as simple as week 1 = first week of Jan which means week 10 would be first week of March?

Sounds like they're really ramping up production as I didn't place my order with my fleet company until the last week of Jan and the dealer rang me 1st week of feb to check the order detail.

It's still looking to good to be true and I've been stung by Audi before on this front...

·
Registered
714 Posts
Sunroof and Sweden isn't a combination that naturally sits together for me. It's kind of like Sahara Desert and heated car seats.

Only joking. Really pleased for you, mate. Just hope your sunroof is better designed/built than the noisy open sky system on my current A3. When I drive down the motorways it's like having Roger Whittaker on the roof (probably with a bit of Blue Tongue fever as the whistling is a little off key).

·
Registered
714 Posts
But continental Europeans never work a full week so how do they ever build any cars?

(Tuff puts on asbestos pants ready for flaming by European posters)

·
Registered
247 Posts
The perfect day to get your car built is a Wednesday :) This is because on Monday everyone at work is hung over from the weekend, and on Friday no one gives a s**t and wants to go home!

Build week 9 for me, leaving port March 4, that's all I know so far :)

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
Yeah, and as we've discussed before, Pete, March 4 is the Tuesday of build week 9! So, it sounds like you'd be getting a Monday car if all of that were accurate!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sunroof and Sweden isn't a combination that naturally sits together for me. It's kind of like Sahara Desert and heated car seats.

Only joking. Really pleased for you, mate. Just hope your sunroof is better designed/built than the noisy open sky system on my current A3. When I drive down the motorways it's like having Roger Whittaker on the roof (probably with a bit of Blue Tongue fever as the whistling is a little off key).
You're absolutely right! But the sun actually comes out sometimes :)

I like the light and airy cabin you get from the big glass roof, and do really hope that there won't be any windnoise problems.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I'm another one to join the Build Week 9 club! Dealer states that thats the first week of march (starting the 3rd) - and so hoping to take delivery either end of march or early april for delivery (depending on who I speak to). I'm in the UK.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just thought I'd sign up and say hello :)

Another Week 9 confirmed build here as well :D .

Ordered the car from the leasing company on January 16th and hopefully all being well the car will be ready late March/early April for when my 1 series goes back.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Yeah, and as we've discussed before, Pete, March 4 is the Tuesday of build week 9! So, it sounds like you'd be getting a Monday car if all of that were accurate!
lol, that's just my luck. ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts