Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm currently on the verge of ordering my A5 3.0 Tip and had been told to expect November delivery. However, I took a call today from my local dealer who told me to now expect an August delivery if I order now. He explained this advance on the fact that business is currently slow across all models and production is rapidly catching up with demand.

Anyone else been told this?

· Registered
162 Posts
I'm currently on the verge of ordering my A5 3.0 Tip and had been told to expect November delivery. However, I took a call today from my local dealer who told me to now expect an August delivery if I order now. He explained this advance on the fact that business is currently slow across all models and production is rapidly catching up with demand.

Anyone else been told this?
Sounds like he's got an opening on a cancelled order to me.
Seems like a strange thing for a salesman to say, whatever the truth!

Here in Germany the delivery estimations from Audi.de state:

Audi A5 Ende Oktober 2008 (end of October)
Audi S5 Anfang Dezember 2008 (beginning of December)

This is for when you order a 'standard' model. If like me you order several 'a-la-carte' options you can add up to a month that.
Custom paint? ..add another 2 weeks.

The A5 really is in limited production. Compare it to the estimation for the new A4:

Audi A4 Limousine Mitte Juli 2008 (mid July)
Audi A4 Avant Mitte Juli 2008 (mid July)

You can find the latest delivery estimates here

All of a sudden there are LOADS of B8 A4's on the road here in Germany.
DRL's and the 'family' rear lights are gonna be two a penny here soon :rolleyes:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.