Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Audi A5 Quattro Sport 3.0L Coupe (Meteor Grey)
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Dadar. I had them done at Envy Tint and Wrap in Swindon, Wiltshire 01793 533233. I was originally going for a light smoke tint just to reduce some of the "redness" of the lens. But decided to go with a mid smoke as the light smoke was not quite dark enough. After wasting a lot of time and money trying to do it myself I gave it to these guys (£120).

·
Registered
40 Posts
Looks really good, I would like to do the chrome delete on mine as well. The tail light tint isn't too bad to do, I have done this on both of mine. I purchased the precut film from Lamin-x in the gunsmoke shade. I don't mean to hijack the thread but here is a photo to show the difference before and after tint.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks really good, I would like to do the chrome delete on mine as well. The tail light tint isn't too bad to do, I have done this on both of mine. I purchased the precut film from Lamin-x in the gunsmoke shade. I don't mean to hijack the thread but here is a photo to show the difference before and after tint.

View attachment 180792
Beautiful colour. Your tint just about takes the right amount of redness of the rear lights. Looks good.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Looks great! Was thinking about it but then heard of a person getting fined by the police for having dim rear lights?

How does the tinting affect light intensity with the newer LEDs rear light clusters?

Does the tinting make the lights noticeably dimmer?

Thanks!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hiya Deepmeister

Thank you for your comment. It was my choice to go with a mid smoke tint so I guess that if I do get stopped I'll just pull off the film there and then, gracefully accept any fine or warning and go for a light smoke tint instead. I'm not an expert in law, but I do believe that as long as the reflectors still reflect and can be seen then it should be okay. Mine can still be seen. I Googled this for you....

In the UK, light tinting films are permitted, though to keep drivers safe there are certain requirements that need to be met when installing them: Lights cannot be dimmed by more than 50%. ... You must still be able to see their original colour - headlights need to be white/yellow, rear lights must be red.

Not sure about light intensity on the newer LED clusters as mine is a 2009 model. I think that the newer LED clusters are a bit brighter anyway and as my lights can clearly be seen then I would imagine that the LED clusters would be fine.

I would say that the lights do not so much look dimmer, but they do look darker (not sure if that makes sense)?

Take care.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts