Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i orderd my a5 in may told it would be here in october. just got an email form my dealer saying that they don"t know why but it now won"t be here till the end of december maybe later. what is with all the delays? how do they justify doing this to people? i fell like running out and buying a bmw or a merc atleast i won"t have to wait seven months for it

·
Registered
134 Posts
Norcal - there are lots of us that feel your pain. Did your dealer have an allocation when you placed the order? My dealer did not, and their standard '90 days for an order' has turned into almost a year.

They should be able to tell you when the car was released to manufacturing, production and then inspected...they have a system that can show you all of the dates for your vehicle along its path to you. I think most dealers have a long line of people waiting for their cars because they don't get many allocations for A5/S5...

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
That's a good point Phantom made about the allocations. If you ordered your car but the dealer didn't have available allocations, then they were only guessing at when your car might be produced and delivered. Without an allocation, they really have no clue when your car is going to be produced.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
they had an alloction when i ordered it and it was released to the manufactor in june. it is just poor customer service if you ask me.

·
Registered
209 Posts
strange

Wierd.. I had an allocation in July and I am getting the car next week (It arrived in port this past monday)

·
Registered
76 Posts
I too am confused when I see these delays. My story after making my decision to order a car (mostly after viewing this site for a month) was to call my closest dealer. They said I could order but they could not say when I would get a car other than six months to a year. I called the another dealer in town and he sent me an email with three cars listed with three different delivery dates. I chose the one I wanted based on transmissions, and he gave me the com #, Production week, & probable delivery week. So I ordered July 11 and received on Sept 20. I am not saying there were not issues during that period. The salesman I started with is no longer employed with the dealer and they lied to me about several issues along the way. Mostly due to incompetence and not malice. But the time of the order and delivery was exactly like promised.
Bottom line is to make sure dealer has an allotment and a com. # or expect uncertainty.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I totally understand your frustration. If you ordered the S-Line package or the Y-spoke wheels, then that's the reason for the delay. The Y-spoke wheels were backordered and Audi didn't allow any A5's to be ordered with these wheels.

I originally placed my order in March, and still didn't get a manual transmission S-line A5 allocation in July when I switched my order to an S5 that they had an allocation for.

Good luck!
Kyle

·
Registered
209 Posts
I have an A5 S-Line order with my July Allocation. I was worried about delays since the Y-spoke wheels and the S-line was not available for order initially for 2009 and the computer wouldn't even accept a new order (he tried for fun). However my dealer put the order into the system back in April so we are assuming I was grandfathered in since my car has a VIN and arrived in port.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I am going crazy... i feel like a crazy x-wife or something calling the dealer each day.. any news.. any news... :p

·
Registered
457 Posts
Wow, I didn't realize this problem was so wide-spread. I ordered mine in April and was told to expect delivery around the 25th of August. I picked up my car on the 20th of August.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
After getting pissed off enough over the delays i decided to make a change. started looking at other dealers is Ca and found one in San Diego that will be at the port in sd on 10/14 and ready for me to pick up on the 19th. so i cancelld my original order at the dismay of that dealer for one i know will be there. don't understand why some dealers can't get their s--t together and others can. if anyones still looking for an A5 the have 2 instock now and will have 3 more other than mine on the 14th contact miramar audi in socal.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts