Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone,

i ordered an s5 in july, expected delivery next month. I have spoken to audi uk today who have informed me that i now face a wait til february although they promised to try and bring it forward. Someone from the factory has informed me audi are making 3 s5s a week worldwide, only 3!!

Anyone heard anything like this?

An extra four months makes me think about alternatives i.e. new m3..

·
Registered
254 Posts
Doesn't sound right to me,I have the Nissan car factory close to me where i'm told they build over 200 cars a day! I would be checking the Audi UK site for cancelled orders or used/demonstrators.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I know mine is the A5 and not the S5 but i bought mine the last week of August and choose it from a long list of stock that was still in the final stages of quality control in the factory, and picked it up this last saturday.

·
Registered
186 Posts
The reason for the delay is the fact that Boeing has bought ALL CARBON in the entire world for their new super big airplane. Also the sun roofs are having delays as well. I ordered without sun roof, just for that reason... to get it quicker.

I ordered my s5 last week and haven't received my delivery date as of yet... I'm afraid it's going to be next year... which is kind of ... err, very late. I need a car... err

·
Registered
487 Posts
I know mine is the A5 and not the S5 but i bought mine the last week of August and choose it from a long list of stock that was still in the final stages of quality control in the factory, and picked it up this last saturday.

Got any pics?

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
The reason for the delay is the fact that Boeing has bought ALL CARBON in the entire world for their new super big airplane. Also the sun roofs are having delays as well. I ordered without sun roof, just for that reason... to get it quicker.

I ordered my s5 last week and haven't received my delivery date as of yet... I'm afraid it's going to be next year... which is kind of ... err, very late. I need a car... err
Lol, seriously?? Where did you hear this?

Greedy b*stards

·
Registered
487 Posts
It's true Rab...

The new Boeing 787 is the culprit.

Link

From what I'm hearing Boeing has been buying about 1/4th of the entire world's supply of Carbon Fiber inorder to construct these new 787 Dreamliner planes. This is causing the cost of the Carbon Fiber to quadruple.

Now I am unsure how much of this material is used for the Audi A5/S5 to cause such a drastic delay. I would guess there might be somewhat of a delay, but the estimates are probably over exagerated.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Great link. A 100 billion in orders for the plane already. Amazing! Think they would miss a couple million?

·
Registered
26 Posts

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Mine was ordered August and is still showing as week 47 build with end Nov likely delivery. Last I heard was the productions had generally moved forward a week or two although my dealer hasnt got back to me yet to confirm that or not.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Ordered my S5 last week, been told that I wont get it till March :( .

I'm not in a hurry for the car but the sooner the better. As for 3 S5s a week I could kinda believe that seeing as they are probably producing more A5s instead as the lead time on the A5 is December delivery for orders taken now.

I know i'm bein a lazy sh*t but can someone post the Audi UK number up :rolleyes:

·
Registered
186 Posts
Ordered my S5 last week, been told that I wont get it till March :(
Well that sucks... I don't want to hear that delivery date. Gonna have to go talk with them. I'm not sure I want to wait that long...

What is your specs on the car?

·
Registered
26 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
It's true Rab...

The new Boeing 787 is the culprit.

Link

From what I'm hearing Boeing has been buying about 1/4th of the entire world's supply of Carbon Fiber inorder to construct these new 787 Dreamliner planes. This is causing the cost of the Carbon Fiber to quadruple.

Now I am unsure how much of this material is used for the Audi A5/S5 to cause such a drastic delay. I would guess there might be somewhat of a delay, but the estimates are probably over exagerated.
I really want carbon fiber , so I guess i'll et a 787 instead of the S5 - it's faster, more room, wonder about the gas-guzzler tax....

·
Registered
186 Posts
Expected production week is week 49. I ordered last week. It will take another 4-5 weeks for the car to be at my dealer. So I'm guessing mid Januari. That's a long time... I hate buying new cars. you want something real bad, but you have to wait so long to get it... that when you do get it... you might've changed your mind and found something else to buy.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
I just spoke with my dealer and he checked and my S5 is "in build" with no delays expected (indeed, that is quicker than last told).

·
Registered
186 Posts
I just spoke with my dealer and he checked and my S5 is "in build" with no delays expected (indeed, that is quicker than last told).
what was your first told production date/week? maybe audi is advancing faster in their production line.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I ordered my s5 on the 8th of august and have been given a build date of the 27th of november.Hopefully the car will be here before santa comes!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts