Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a disappointing call from Audi :(

My 3.0 TDI Sport Tip which I ordered in June to be delivered on 23 October has been put back to the 30th Oct. I know its only a week, but still I've heard quite a few rumours of lack of parts etc in the factory and the problems with the new A3 having a knock on affect with delivery times across the board.

I'm just worried that come 30th October they will phone and say oh I'm sorry its going to be december...

I know I'm probably ranting for no reason, but just wanted to know if there is any truth to the rumours I've heard or someone has had the same problem...

Cheers

Mallory

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
true - waiting a week is not as bad as nine months!!

Where did you order yours from? Thats one hell of a wait! They are lucky that you are prepared to wait that long - I couldn't.

as I said before I'm just having a mild rant lol!!

I'm just very excited thats all!!

I had a 350z which I loved, but due to the complete lack space in it (plus we got a dog) I got myself a touareg, which is good, just uninspiring to drive. I had it on a 3 year contract, so for the last 2 and half years I've been wanting out!

The A5 offers everything I need - space for luggage; small back seats for my cocker spaniel and good drive (gone for the 3.0 TDI sport tip)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Well I live in Cyprus and there is only one importer over here... But they did tell me they were going to try to bring it earlier if possible.

I suppose the problem is the transport and they prefer to state a longer time than necessary to cover any delays through transport. Unfortunately shipping does often have delays. Sometimes it may take a month just to get the cars out of the port :S

·
Registered
45 Posts
Ordered in June delivery Oct. November I wish. i ordered very beginning of april and it's still 2 months before i even get into production even if you get yours by christmas your on easy street i wish i was you right now.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Mallory -
Know how you feel. I ordered (in the US) on 22 March. Dealer warned me it could be 4-6 mos. Got a call in mid June that my car would be in by 21 July. Started to really look forward to it. Then, just recently found out my car was caught in the famous hail storm - so, back to Audi. :mad: Now - hopefully - I'll have the car by mid September (yes, 6 months). It can be a little frustrating to read about other who ordered at the same time and already have their car. But I've never looked this forward to a car, so am just living vicariously through this and other A5 forums! :cool:

·
Registered
237 Posts
Hi Mallory

I also have a 3.0Tdi Tip on order in the UK (ordered 11th June I think). My delivery date has moved back and forth but I posted the latest situation earlier;

"ordered early June with an estimated Sept 1st delivery. After the German hail incident it was put back to the end of Sept. Last week I got a call telling me it was now delayed until 1st week of Nov. I figured my order had been bumped so I threatened to cancel if I don't have it in Sept. My dealer made several calls to Audi UK and the date reverted to build week commencing Sept 8th. Last Thursday my build was confirmed for the 8th so should have it last week Sept"

Hope that this helps. Cheers and good luck (as long as you don't "steal" my slot :p

·
Registered
366 Posts
Hi Mallory,

My 2.0TFSI Quattro Sport was ordered 24th June and was told December delivery due to part shortages on the chosen optional 20inch wheels. Few weeks later, he told me the car is about to be built and this morning he told me my car is at the docks on the other side of the Channel waiting for transportation to England. Before I got too excited, he reminded me that it can take a few weeks before it arrives at the dealership after reaching that stage.

I enjoyed the pleasantly surprising news about the car being built, and hope you get good news soon. Just hope there are no more hailstorms whilst she is awaiting her trans-Channel crossing...!

D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.