Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, thought I'd share my frustration with you.

About 2 weeks ago the major leasing company that runs our company car scheme gave me access again for quoting for a replacement car. I ran a few quotes and had a test drive and then noticed the car price hike by Audi. So pulled in a few favours and got my quote authorised, and order processed on monday and Audi confirmed they would honour the lower prices.

The dealer has indicated a mid-May delivery, but the leasing company have now stepped in and said that I must see out the remainder of the contract on the current vehicle, which expires in October, even though I have already done over 100k. The car will go into storage until that time!

Very depressed but also still very excited about finally becoming an A5 owner.

Have opted for A5 2.0T FSI 180 S Line Multitronic, Quartz grey and a healthy dose of options.

Excellent website, it has answered so many questions that either the dealer couldn't or wouldn't

Cheers

James

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Wecome and well done! Does this mean you have to wait until October???
Sounds a pain to me which is why I introduced a cash in lieu scheme for my people several years ago, benefits us all.

What options are you going for. I recommend B&O, Factory Nav probably not needed for resale on 2.0 180 but nice to have.

Good luck RG:cheers:

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Just wondered, why would Nav not be necessary on a car with a certai engine? :cheers:
Dealers around here reckon factory nav is vital for resale/sensible residuals on V6/V8 models less so on 4 cylinder. Have amended my post to clarify.

Factory NAv is nice to have on any car unless you are SatNAvophobic or a TomTomfanatic.... BUT of course we should all be free to buy/lease what we like and express opinions/health/financial warnings on this blog in the spirit of camaraderie..:)

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Ah. Ok. And agree, it's 'nice to have' an integral navigation system on your new £27K car if you travel on roads your not familiar with. Because not all decisions have to be purely fiscal ones, do they?
They certainly don't Mr E or we would all be driving around in Skoda Superbs which BTW are 'superb'! I believe we owe it to our newbies to advise but of course it's all part of learning ...we all have done things to our cars and bought cars we regreted..:)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah got to wait until after 5th October! Our scheme is a personal lease scheme with the employer paying a contribution direct to the leasing company.

The options I've gone for are: S Line Suspension, Parking Advanced (got this at the mo on the Lexus IS 250 & love it!), Interior Light pack, Phone low, Technology Pack 1, Brushed matt aluminium inlays, folding door mirrors, electric seats, advanced key & heated seats.

·
Registered
479 Posts
RG, as jamgog is leasing his car I don't think he cares about the difference having nav or not makes to the future value of the car :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Booster, don't spoil it by introducing annoying things like 'details' to the thread. I agree that it's important to re-emphasise at every opportunity the jeopardy we all face whenever we make a capital outlay. Again. And again.

If jamgog (quite obviously :eek:) isn't worried by re-sale prospects for his lovely new car, then I think he should instead worry about the future value of something else he's recently bought.

As we keep on hearing, no room for complacency!

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
Dealers around here reckon factory nav is vital for resale/sensible residuals on V6/V8 models less so on 4 cylinder. Have amended my post to clarify.

Factory NAv is nice to have on any car unless you are SatNAvophobic or a TomTomfanatic.... BUT of course we should all be free to buy/lease what we like and express opinions/health/financial warnings on this blog in the spirit of camaraderie..:)
Dealers, as much as they think they like to think, know nothing. It's not the dealers who decide what car is valued at X with this or that accessory.

The market itself decides.

If your comment was true ("Dealers around here reckon factory nav is vital for resale/sensible residuals on V6/V8 models less so on 4 cylinder. Have amended my post to clarify." ) then glass's guide and the market resale values would reflect this.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Glass's values for the 3.2, 2.7TDi, 3.0TDi and S5 include sat nav. They do not for the 1.8 where they state that models with nav are worth £1k more.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
337 Posts
Glass's values for the 3.2, 2.7TDi, 3.0TDi and S5 include sat nav. They do not for the 1.8 where they state that models with nav are worth £1k more.:thumbsup:
Presumably Glass's will say that the V6 A5s and the S5 are worth £1k less without satnav ? In other words, satnav, in their opinion, will be worth about £1k at resale in any A5 ! However, as Rab says, the market will decide the value i.e. what somebody is willing to pay for the car. Who knows what someone looking at an A5 in a year or twos time will be wiling to pay for satnav ? Only time will tell.

Why do we keep having the same discussions over and over again ???

·
Registered
479 Posts
I'm not sure! :)

Back on topic:

Welcome jamgog and fingers crossed you can get your car sooner rather than later!

·
Registered
337 Posts
Good idea !

Welcome jamgog, hope the forum keeps you amused during your long, frustrating wait :D

·
Registered
147 Posts
jamgog

That's possibly the longest wait I've heard!! :wall:

It's a dark place is waiting for your 5...BUT God it's worth it :D :dance:

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Yeah got to wait until after 5th October! Our scheme is a personal lease scheme with the employer paying a contribution direct to the leasing company.

The options I've gone for are: S Line Suspension, Parking Advanced (got this at the mo on the Lexus IS 250 & love it!), Interior Light pack, Phone low, Technology Pack 1, Brushed matt aluminium inlays, folding door mirrors, electric seats, advanced key & heated seats.
Hi Jamjog, and welcome. I sympathise entirely with your plight. I am in a very similar (if not quite so protracted) situation. I ordered my new A5 at the end of January as I had been warned about the price increase. My current contract doesn't finish until 29th July, so even if the car is ready to go before then, they won't let me have it. In order to alleviate your suffering, you could do what I have and request an extended test drive. Most leasing companies will arrange this direct with the manufacturer. I have just taken delivery of a 2.0 Tfsi sport multitronic for a week. Who are your leasing company?

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts

Thank you for backing up my point. I'm actually surprised that they add on £1k for the valuations on cars with smaller engines.

What people should also remember is that glass's guide has such a HUGE influence on the industry. They essentially reflect what position the market is in.

Anyway, back on topic. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
I think that adequately supports the point I am making! I am advised that 1-1.5k is a ball park figure to 'knock of NON Nav v6 and V8 models, my local dealer and West London would probably knock off twice that!:)

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Yawn. All a bit dull now. If I remember, the thread was concerned with Jamgog's interminably long wait for his car that is almost within his grasp but not quite.

Anyone want to continue that theme, as suggested by the previous two contibutors but ignored, as usual, by the latter?

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
I think that adequately supports the point I am making! I am advised that 1-1.5k is a ball park figure to 'knock of NON Nav v6 and V8 models, my local dealer and West London would probably knock off twice that!:)
:wall: Erm. no. You said that sat nav is IS NOT vital for good resale value in the models lower in the range, when in actual fact IT IS vital in order to keep the residuals of those cars up, as it ADDS ON £1000 to the resale value. I don't see how you fail to understand that ?

Anyway, end of discussion. EDIT: Just to add, RG, I did say "back on topic", which you chose to ignore. You have PM.

James, welcome to the forum by the way

:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts