Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any?
I just ordered in DSB with Tuscan/atlas interior. I think it will look great, but have never seen that combination in a pic.
I don't think I can stand to wait for mine before I see it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Audi currently paints A4s in the color. My dealer had DSB A4 on the lot. I went over to check in out on a sunny day. The car was not recently washed yet even in full sunlight the overall body is a blueish black with brighter blue highlights where the sunlight is directly reflecting.

The S5 has a lot of creases and character lines that will make this color very interesting. I think a lot of people are not sure about this color. It is dark and black is always good looking. I wouldn't be surprised if 50% of the S5's sold will be black.

About Tuscan: I haven't seen this interior in person. Most of the photographs of Tuscan are overexposed garbage. I'm thinking the color is more of a lighter tone of reddish brown yet in the photographs it looks very orange.

Sunlight has a lot of yellow in it. I think think this is why a lot of the Tuscan interior shots make the leather look orange. Anything in the tan to brown range traditionally looks good with a blue or black car.

Hopefully when my car gets here I'll be like... "Oh god damn that looks badass" and not "Oh geeze I should have gone with black interior". :)

Cheers,

-Jim Scott
Deep Sea Blue w/Tuscan on order

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys- really appreciate the input. Nice to see somone else chose the same color combo as me. I was starting to think that noone was ordering DSB. Have fun when you get it jscott, I know I will. Now off to look at those pics you referenced houseofg. Thanks.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Ok now that I have seen it I know I made the right choice of paint (for me at least). I agree that a lot of tuscan pics look orange (not so much on the Audi site). I too fought between black and tuscan. After seeing a demo in meteor with red interior I decided to go with tuscan since the contrast in this car looked so good. I am sure we will be happy. When are you supposed to get yours jscott?

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
Don't put much stock in anything jscott does, doc. He's from Louisiana where they do everything differently for the sake of doing everything differently. ;)

Born and raised in New Orleans, jscott. :)

·
Registered
206 Posts
First off...I love my tuscan interior the contrast with the Brilliant Black is just awesome. I've had more than one comment that I shouldn't get tint because of how sweet the contrast looks from the exterior. I'm sure it'll look amazing on a dark blue as well.

As far as the pics that are out there. Most do look a bit too red. The tuscan does have some orange qualities though. The pics on Audi's site are definitly way more brown than the interior actually is. I tried real hard to get an accurate picture of the color, this is the best i could do and i think it's just about a perfect representation...

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks JB that is an excellent pic. If that is what it is going to look like, I will be very pleased. Great sporty, yet sophisticated contrast. Nice car by the way. It was very hard for me not to pick black as well, but my last two cars were black so I thought a change would do me good. Fom the pics you guys are showing me I think I will be quite happy with my choices. Unfortunately, I thought that seeing these pics might make the wait for mine a little less of a torture, but now I am even more anxious to see the real thing. I guess good things come to those who wait.

·
Registered
75 Posts
when are your DSB cars coming in?
i would love to see more pictures...
i think this is a great color...but then again i'm really biased towards dark blue metallic painted cars.. =)

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
As far as the pics that are out there. Most do look a bit too red. The tuscan does have some orange qualities though.
I ran across this pic recently, and it seems to be one of the more accurate representations of Tuscan (i.e., without all the red) that I've seen.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
when are your DSB cars coming in?
i would love to see more pictures...
i think this is a great color...but then again i'm really biased towards dark blue metallic painted cars.. =)
You should periodically check out the Audi UK used car site for high quality pics to give you a good idea of what various colors will look like. The Deep Sea Blue pics below are from there.

Attachments

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You should periodically check out the Audi UK used car site for high quality pics to give you a good idea of what various colors will look like. The Deep Sea Blue pics below are from there.
Thanks for the pics and advice. Fortunately these are making me very happy with my choice. Mine will be in mid to late April ( if all goes well). I will post pics!

·
Registered
206 Posts
I ran across this pic recently, and it seems to be one of the more accurate representations of Tuscan (i.e., without all the red) that I've seen.
That pic is dead on.

·
Registered
43 Posts
dont mean to sound rude here..but didnt u go into a showroom before you laid down ure deposit?..surely u would have seen the colour swatches etc...my dealer had the full range of exterior colours on a wall chart..and also had interior colours which went with them....just a thought as i would never purchase something without seeing it in the flesh first....

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Of course I did, but have you ever painted a room any color other than white? A 2"x2" color paint sample looks very different than a 20' by 8' wall painted the same color. Same goes for the small leather sample, and a car upholstered in that particular leather. I have been researching this car inside and out since the first spy shots were available on line, and knew exactly what I wanted before ordering- But despite this I had never seen pics of an S5 with that combination of paint/leather, and was looking for a preview of what I could expect. Thanks to everyone else's support on this forum/thread, I now have a great preview of what's to come, and am 100% satisfied with my choices. The only other combo that I entertained was Phantom Black and Red Magma. A great combo, but perhaps a tad too much contrast for my taste.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Thanks to everyone else's support on this forum/thread, I ... am 100% satisfied with my choices.
Doc,

And that's clearly the most important thing!:)

I nearly went DSB, but was put off a bit by seeing an A4 in that colour. Since then I've seen an A5 3.0 TDi in DSB and it looked fantastic, even though it was filthy! Still think I'll be happy with Phantom Black though as my last 2 cars were blue, so time for a change. Do like the Aruba Blue though - maybe next time!

Tuscan leather is not an option in the UK, even on S5s - nearest I could have had was Cinnamon Milano leather, and I didn't really like the sample swatch the dealer had, so stuck with the default choice of black for practical reasons.

Enjoy your car when it turns up - getting mine on Wednesday!

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Lucky dog! Please post some pics ASAP for all of us to enjoy.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Ordered a Deep Sea Blue 2.7 TDI Sport Multitronic (UK spec) with Linen Beige Milano leather interior without being able to see any examples - my dealer only had a few in stock and none in DSB. This thread has given me hope I've made the right choice (for me anyways). :)

1 - 20 of 46 Posts