Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have just ordered deep sea blue S5 with pearl silver seats and silver headlining. I am happy with the deep sea blue as I have had loads of black cars and wanted a slight change, but I am thinking it could be a bit bright inside with all silver and I'm also worried about how the seats which are basically white will wear over time. Does anyone have views or experience to help with this decision? I have a couple of weeks to make a final choice. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Welcome to the site DTS. Nice combination and different to the usual S5 combo's but if it was mine I'd have gone for the black headlining to close it down a bit. It's going to look mighty bright in that cabin. Silver leather will naturally show the dirt quite quickly but the Nappa is smooth and easily wiped clean with a good leather cleaner - I use Zymol. (avoid leather conditioners for a while as they just rub right off and can attract more dirt into the leather). It will need to be done regularly but if you prevent the dirt from building up it'll stay looking good for years. Check out www.detailingworld.com for some proper leather care advice.

Just my thought and not necessarily right !!

If this link works it'll take you to a thread on leather care. JudyB is one of the leading experts in the UK
http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=43589&highlight=leather+care

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Blade. Really useful response.

I agree with you on the headlining and think I will change it to black but I am thinking the (nearly) white seats will look great with the deep sea blue so will probably stick with that combo.

Haven't seen too many negative reviews on the S5 and everyone on this site seems very happy with their choice, so am really looking forward to it. Currently expecting delivery March 08.

Cheers.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Welcome and I agree it'll look fantastic. look forward to seeing the pics in March then..:)

·
Registered
231 Posts
you might find tiniting the windows will make the interior less obvious to the outside world. sounds like you a purchasing a unique colour. health to drive and it will be worth the wait.

ps. specify the full voice control. twiddling the MMI to enter an address can be both distracting and tiresome.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Vin, although instead of answering my questions I seem to be adding to them!

The deep sea blue is available as standard in the new brochure (previously only on a5 I think) so mine will probably be one of the first.

At the moment I have selected sat nav,B&O,music interface,phone kit,comfort kit and heated seats. I hadn't really considered the voice control as my wife has it in her lexus and it seems a bit gimicky to me.

I was thinking about adding the parking plus (for occasions when wife drives!) but otherwise I was happy I had enough toys on it.

Does anyone have strong views on what options are/are not really worth adding?? Better to ask now than find out after the deadline has passed!!

Thanks.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Thanks Vin, although instead of answering my questions I seem to be adding to them!

The deep sea blue is available as standard in the new brochure (previously only on a5 I think) so mine will probably be one of the first.

At the moment I have selected sat nav,B&O,music interface,phone kit,comfort kit and heated seats. I hadn't really considered the voice control as my wife has it in her lexus and it seems a bit gimicky to me.

I was thinking about adding the parking plus (for occasions when wife drives!) but otherwise I was happy I had enough toys on it.

Does anyone have strong views on what options are/are not really worth adding?? Better to ask now than find out after the deadline has passed!!

Thanks.
i can give you a low down on the options i have that you havent ordered:

Advanced Key: Very useful, gives you the start button, never have to take the key out your pocket. also ensures that you can never lock the key in the boot. common on many S5s. -a luxury

Adaptive lights: lights bend round corners and rise on the motorway giving better vision. ideal if you often drive down country lanes or quiet motorways. never noice it working until you get back into a non adaptive light car- a good safety feature

Full Voice control: sometimess MMI can be fiddly when putting in an address on the move. -safety and speed.

Parking Plus: adds front parking sensors and graphic display. almost all S5s have this so i would definitely order this. also helps if you sit low like me

Hill hold Assist: Virtually every A5/S5 has this only costs £45 and means you dont have a blanking plate. also useful when you are in traffic on a gradient.

Take a look at the different inlays as well

Ask the dealer to tint the windows for free

·
Registered
97 Posts
This is the exact combo I was going for, probably not the same headliner color though as I believe the U.S. only gets black. Please post pics when you recieve it. I would really love to see those colors in person; too bad U.S. always gets the wait.

edit: You also have very good taste. ;)

·
Registered
75 Posts
i think u have nothing to worry about DTS,
my current car which is a bmw has close to deep sea blue paint and has the light grey interior...the combo is amazing..at least i think it is :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.