Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my dealer calls me the other day and tells me my car is on the port and it should be arriving the week of Christmas. Woo hoo!

Well. I was wondering for all you people that bought your S5's....Did you get anything off msrp? I pretty much have a fully loaded Phantom Black S5 on the way to the states. Im scared they wont even budge because they know if I walk out the door, some lucky bastard is going to pick it up without waiting a day. Suggestions?

·
Registered
57 Posts
I would ask for $1,000 off the sticker. I don't think you'll get it, but if they say no then say "well you could at least throw in Audicare". It's a $650 dollar option, and it seems a lot of dealers are willing include it. Good luck

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
I get confused with Skill5 American Grammar.

Past and future tense in the same short sentence.

Translation anyone.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Mint Imperials anyone?

·
Registered
198 Posts
I am going to try and finagle comped Audicare on monday when I finalize everything . . I'll let ya know how it goes.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
BUMP. Dealer just called me about 1 hour ago and told me she's here!!!! Im sooo excited. I would go today and pick her up, but its snowing like crazy. I much rather go tomorrow when the roads are a lot more safe. I have no doubts of the S5, its just getting to the dealership is the problem

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Was going to go in today, but it looks like I wont be picking her up til next week. You guys have no idea how mad I am at the snow.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
I can imagine. Man, that really sucks. :( Sorry to hear it.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
gives you time to plan out your negotiation strategies ;)
I was thinking about ways, but I highly doubt the dealer will cut me a break. S5's here in Washington state are RARE. I know they are rare in general, but I'm like the 8th guy in Washington state to get one.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
So I went to the dealership today hoping I could pick her up. Went through the paperwork and it looks like the best Audi can do is go with a 5.9 finance rate. Im going to go call my banks on Monday and see if I can get any better rates. Even if its a difference of 0.5 its a huge chunk for the S5. Bah!

·
Registered
53 Posts
So I went to the dealership today hoping I could pick her up. Went through the paperwork and it looks like the best Audi can do is go with a 5.9 finance rate. Im going to go call my banks on Monday and see if I can get any better rates. Even if its a difference of 0.5 its a huge chunk for the S5. Bah!
Hey Skill5, you can do better than that rate...I know BECU is at 4.99% for new car loans so could go there. The weather is sucking up here, the S5 does great for the most part in it, although doors don't seem to shut great in sub 25 degrees, anyone else notice that? But more then that I just don't like getting sand blasted on every road...not sure how the guys with spacers are doing but the car does seem to kick up roaf crap onto the doors. Anyways congrats on making through the wait..its a badass car...like you said s5's are rare up here still. Hopefully weather is decent here again soon, mine is in desperate need is bath

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.