Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, after much searching on my own finally found the S5 I wanted. Quartz Grey with magma red interior, tip, and loaded with everything. At least I don't have to wait many months to get it. It will be available for delivery next month. Now the wait. Thanks for all the input from those on this forum.

·
Registered
53 Posts
What was the build week of it? Mine is 45 (which is this week) and should be here around mid December. Thanks!

·
Registered
493 Posts
congrats!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Same

What was the build week of it? Mine is 45 (which is this week) and should be here around mid December. Thanks!

That is what I am told-45 with mid Dec delivery. Anxious to get it delevered as I am sure you are. Nice holiday present for sure!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Vin

Those with S5's coming, did you get a VIN number and can you track them online? I know you can get updates via the dealer but was wondering if this could be done online. Thanks.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
On the way

Those with S5's coming, did you get a VIN number and can you track them online? I know you can get updates via the dealer but was wondering if this could be done online. Thanks.
Production week is 45 and is to be loaded on the ship 11/11, ETA NY 12/4 and out to the dealer the week of 12/09. Then soon to be in my garage!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Production week is 45 and is to be loaded on the ship 11/11, ETA NY 12/4 and out to the dealer the week of 12/09. Then soon to be in my garage!
Keep reading the forums and looking at pics of other members cars. It kept me from going nuts during my 3 month wait.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yep

Keep reading the forums and looking at pics of other members cars. It kept me from going nuts during my 3 month wait.
I am on this site alot. Almost to a fault. I have a feeling that delivery date will be here before I know it. Quartz gray/magma red will look good for the holidays!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ship?

DrakeS5, any news of the ship that the S5 is on. Mine must be on the same ship but haven't heard anything other than ETA port on the 26th of Nov.

·
Registered
491 Posts
my car was built week 45 and is now in transit. my next status update should be tomorrow november 21 so i think that might be when it is landing in rhode island. a member over at audiworld said he thinks my car is on the polaris ace but i cant find a site that is able to track the ship. we might be on the same boat. i am expecting delivery between december 10 and 15

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
On the way

my car was built week 45 and is now in transit. my next status update should be tomorrow november 21 so i think that might be when it is landing in rhode island. a member over at audiworld said he thinks my car is on the polaris ace but i cant find a site that is able to track the ship. we might be on the same boat. i am expecting delivery between december 10 and 15

Mine was also week 45 and in transit. It departed the port on the 11th and was told ETA NY was the 26th with car to dealer the 6th. And delivery the same as yours. It sounds like our cars are on the same ship.

·
Registered
53 Posts
DrakeS5, any news of the ship that the S5 is on. Mine must be on the same ship but haven't heard anything other than ETA port on the 26th of Nov.
funny you should mention, just emailed him today and it's on the ship! Was excited to hear that!!! You guys are probably on a diff ship though, as my port is Houston, not Rhode Island. Good to hear all has gone to plan and on time though :D

·
Registered
491 Posts
my next status update is tomorrow. do you think that the ship will arrive tomorrow?

·
Registered
53 Posts
I didn't get a specific date when the ship left port, but if it comes in tomorrow, then that would be great. I was told that it would probably get to the dealership the second or third week of December, but of course, I'm thinking that's just a conservative estimate for my well being haha. In my personal opinion, I would be extremely surprised if it came to port within the next couple of days-- especially since the build started on the 3rd. We'll see though!

·
Registered
491 Posts
Please let us all know of any information you may get. We would all appreciate it!
no problem! btw my car was ship loaded on 11/11

·
Registered
53 Posts
Any word guys??

·
Registered
198 Posts
I wonder if my car is on the same ship . . .

will supposedly be at the dealer in 2-3 weeks.

·
Registered
53 Posts
When was your build week? Ours was Week 45 (November 3rd).

·
Registered
198 Posts
Thats whats wierd. I don't know.

I asked the dealer for an update about 2 weeks ago and got an " we checked and it's in the factory production cue, we dont have any more information, it will prob be delayed a little longer" answer.

Then I got an email on the day before thanksgiving saying my car will arrive in 2-3 weeks.

So as of now I really Don't mind not knowing the build date as long as it's here in 2-3 weeks. :D

1 - 20 of 34 Posts