Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 40 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have noticed a few threads popping up from people who like showing off. May i suggest that this type of garbage have its own section:confused: So that those who are less bothered about being seen in our cars and more interested in driving them can avoid them easily. Im also worried that a 'war' might kick off between the head posuers arguing about who's car has been stared at the most:eek: Its a volatile situation

Maybe call it the 'i have a small penis section' which i think would be apt:D

Of course i leave this huge decision at your discretion:D :D

Kind Regards

Elstimpo

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
A new thread to continue the petty arguments from the other thread....:confused:

We all love our S5's for different reasons. Please don't turn this forum into a pissing contest between owners. So far this forum has been nothing but informative and constructive; let's try and keep it that way.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Elstimpo, you're turning into the resident pitbull, just ignore the threads that don't interest you. These guys and ladies (nicola and Alpina) are enthuisastic about their cars, its not a pissing contest. Mate, you're entitled to your opinion which clearly differs from many on this forum for reasons which we should all respect. Your contributions are usually valued and offer a balanced view, but this thread takes it too far.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Elstimpo, you're turning into the resident pitbull, just ignore the threads that don't interest you. These guys and ladies (nicola and Alpina) are enthuisastic about their cars, its not a pissing contest. Mate, you're entitled to your opinion which clearly differs from many on this forum for reasons which we should all respect. Your contributions are usually valued and offer a balanced view, but this thread takes it too far.
It was a joke, i thought the smiley faces would highlight this.

ps - although i do think there should be a section for all that crap about being seen in your A5/S5

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Yeah I can sort of see that, maybe not great timing with all the other stuff thats flying around at the moment though !! I'm off home, have a good evening ;)

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
ELSTIMPO, you might need to make your jokes a bit more obvious then, for those of us (that would be the majority) who are hard of understanding of your sense of humour! (NB That's a joke!:D )

More seriously though, it's not particularly conducive to the overall feel-good aspect of this site (which has been regularly commented on) to post what are likely to be inflammatory or even offensive remarks and then later say "it was only a joke" pointing out that you'd used smilies.

Blade got it spot on - if you don't find a thread interesting then don't resort to posting rude comments about the original poster, it's just unnecessary.

I will defend your right to express your valued opinion in a reasonable manner though...

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
..... Im also worried that a 'war' might kick off between the head posuers arguing about who's car has been stared at the most:eek: Its a volatile situation

Maybe call it the 'i have a small penis section' which i think would be apt:D
Of course i leave this huge decision at your discretion:D :D
Kind Regards
Elstimpo
Ha Ha....:D

A new thread to continue the petty arguments from the other thread....:confused:

We all love our S5's for different reasons. Please don't turn this forum into a pissing contest between owners. So far this forum has been nothing but informative and constructive; let's try and keep it that way.
What sizzle said x 10 ......it's what makes this forum different and better than all the rest.

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
I was really biting my tongue in the other thread (okay, I guess I DID say Mr. Crankypants!) because I thought things would die down. Now THIS thread!?

I think Blade says it best (as did Doc7string in the other thread). Pitbull is exactly what I was thinking. I think you were away from the forum for awhile and when you came back it was absolutely obvious that your personality is a decent bit different than most contributors to this forum. You rarely resort to truly personal attacks, but it's almost a distinction without a difference. At least 50% of your posts are condescending remarks declaring someone else to be wrong because they don't see it your way. Adding a smiley face doesn't really make it better.

Your footer about celebrity mags really is emblematic of your attitude here. I think most of us can agree that celebrity mags are trash and we have better things to do with our life, but that probably includes not wasting time wishing that people who DO read them be shot...!?

I really do think that you contribute, Elstimpo. I always read your posts. But I just knew that if and when things blew up around here, it was going to have a whole lot to do with you.

I do hope you stick around and just avoid the threads that you think are below you.

·
Registered
292 Posts
In clinical psychology and psychiatry, different complaints are generally perceived as problems with a different ethiology, despite the fact that it can also be hypothesised that they share the same dimension. We believe that many clinicians share the heuristic insight that a pure categorical approach to psychopathology underscores the potential value of a dimensional approach. The neurotic loop model attempts to explain how offense-provoking behaviour develops and how it persists, increases and expands in spite of continuing negative consequences. Offense-producing behaviour is postulated as a neurobiologically rooted reaction to the activation of distressing representations. In biologically vulnerable people, offense-provoking behaviour channels stress resulting from disturbing emotions. This behaviour will initially be very rudimentary and may become more sophisticated according to the operant history. In this way, the neurotic loop model postulates offense-provoking behaviour on a continuum from simple taunting to more complex abusive behaviour. Negative consequences of offense-provoking behaviour will reactivate the distressing representations, resulting in a driven vicious circle: the neurotic loop. The model integrates the most influential models of learning theory with neurobiology and developmental aspects. The neurotic loop model attempts to provide insight into the dynamics of dysfunctional offense-provoking behaviour and yields implications for therapy.

N.B. :D

... and in case you missed that :D :D :D

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
I was really biting my tongue in the other thread (okay, I guess I DID say Mr. Crankypants!) because I thought things would die down. Now THIS thread!?

I think Blade says it best (as did Doc7string in the other thread). Pitbull is exactly what I was thinking. I think you were away from the forum for awhile and when you came back it was absolutely obvious that your personality is a decent bit different than most contributors to this forum. You rarely resort to truly personal attacks, but it's almost a distinction without a difference. At least 50% of your posts are condescending remarks declaring someone else to be wrong because they don't see it your way. Adding a smiley face doesn't really make it better.

Your footer about celebrity mags really is emblematic of your attitude here. I think most of us can agree that celebrity mags are trash and we have better things to do with our life, but that probably includes not wasting time wishing that people who DO read them be shot...!?

I really do think that you contribute, Elstimpo. I always read your posts. But I just knew that if and when things blew up around here, it was going to have a whole lot to do with you.

I do hope you stick around and just avoid the threads that you think are below you.
Well said, houseofg!

·
Registered
28 Posts
I agree too....very well said. I'm new here, but decided to read some of elstimpy's previous posts. 50 percent is an understatement in terms of condescending remarks to others. I've been a member of m3forum for several years now and haven't quite witnessed this kind of stuff before, perhaps because they didn't last long on the forum. :confused:

Oh well, great car. I can only imagine the double takes people give you guys when you drive by! ;) What a machine and a looker.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)

It seems freedom of speech and opinions are only allowed on here if they agree with the American 'mob'

Well i wouldn't worry too much, after reading comments on here about me last night i have made a decision that this is certainly not a forum that i want to be a part of and some of the members are certainly not people who i would enjoy sharing my opinions and experiences with.

I was slated for giving my opinion on showing off (because it was different to the 'mob') and now i'm being slated for giving as good as i get with comments made about me. The mind boggles, it really does.

Andrew has my pm, and my account will be deleted as soon as he gets that message. I wish all the decent members on here well, i hope you can over come some of the 'issues' that have come up and the forum goes onto to be a success, especially the UK section where i would love to have helped organise events, meets etc. But i have better things to do than get grief for having an opinion.

Have Fun

Lots of love Pitbull

ps - bringing my signature into this is seriously pathetic. If you honestly take it literally rather than tongue in cheek, then you need serious help and quick.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
It seems freedom of speech and opinions are only allowed on here if they agree with the American 'mob'

Well i wouldn't worry too much, after reading comments on here about me last night i have made a decision that this is certainly not a forum that i want to be a part of and some of the members are certainly not people who i would enjoy sharing my opinions and experiences with.

I was slated for giving my opinion on showing off (because it was different to the 'mob') and now i'm being slated for giving as good as i get with comments made about me. The mind boggles, it really does.

Andrew has my pm, and my account will be deleted as soon as he gets that message. I wish all the decent members on here well, i hope you can over come some of the 'issues' that have come up and the forum goes onto to be a success, especially the UK section where i would love to have helped organise events, meets etc. But i have better things to do than get grief for having an opinion.

Have Fun

Lots of love Pitbull

ps - bringing my signature into this is seriously pathetic. If you honestly take it literally rather than tongue in cheek, then you need serious help and quick.
That's a real shame...never thought something like this would happen on this forum....I would hope that you would reconsider.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
That's a real shame...never thought something like this would happen on this forum....I would hope that you would reconsider.
Likewise... it just goes to show that all things change... and that opinions and responses should be read twice by the author before posting to see if what they have written may be taken the wrong way, too personal or unecessarily inflamatory... I think a little too much haste in expression by all involved.

I really do hope we never see this again and that contributors and readers of this saga take a lesson away, be a little more forgiving/understanding of peoples opinions and a little less hasty in responding so aggressively.

Let's get back to enjoying our Audis.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Too bad - I enjoyed having the STIMP around here. I generally agreed with his views or griefs, and I liked his way of expressing his point of view. This site was full of questions and answers and feelings of people around the cars. And in true fact, there has been a lot of people wanting to show off here, ad others going in to a real 'illiterate tuning group' with bad taste. I thought this wouldn't happen......

I notice I read the site less, post less often than before, mybe because of all this.

And I wish that it wasn't always so bloody politically correct. For every idiot with a stupid idea or ugly rims, there are 95 other idiots that say how beautiful or great they are - though probably 95% think the opposite. The STIMP always said what he thought.....

RIP ELSTIMPO - some of us miss you already....

Maybe you could open your own forum, and be the moderator.....

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.