Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be flying out of state next Friday to pick up my S5, which arrived this afternoon. While talking to the finance manager over the phone regarding extended warranty and Audi Care, she said she highly recommended the following items to be installed/put on before I arrive.

I know they're trying to sell me as much add-ons as possible, but I would like to know if any members have experience with these dealer installed options, and what price did you pay for these dealer options?

1) Paint Sealant. I know detailing the car is probably the best option for this car, but to be honest, 12-hr working day + 3-hr commute doesn't leave me much time to take care of the car. The dealership said this paint sealant will protect the paint from acid rain, tree saps, UV and etc, and I won't have to wax the car as often.

2) Clear Bra. I know this topic is probaly appeared a lot of times, but just wondering if anyone has the most updated version of their story.

Thanks a lot for the help.

Dee
(same post appears on AW)

·
Registered
384 Posts
Paint Sealant is not worth it right now, theyre just trying to make some extra cash off you.

As far as the ClearBra, do you do a lot of highway driving? If so, it's a must to protect your front from bugs, rocks, chips, and scratches.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Go with the 3M Scotchguard ClearBra. Get the full kit made for the S5.

It cost me around $700 with installation.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just finished talking to the dealer about the options. I know I can probably find better deal somewhere else, but I'm already flying across state to pick up the car, and the last thing I want to do is come back home and still have to spend time researching for cheaper place. I think what I agree to pay is acceptable.

I'll be paying $800 for clear bra (3M Scotchgard), $650 for Audi Care and $2750 for Platinum Extended Warranty (5yr/100,000mi). The Extended Warranty can also be paid over 18-month period with 0% interest.

Thank you for all of your help, and I just can't wait to pick up the car week (It'll be exactly 5 months since I started looking for the S5).

·
Registered
298 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
I HIGHLY recommend the clear bra. I assume the dealer will sub it out to someone else and charge an add-on. $800 seems expensive. You might contact some installers (generally window tint companies) near your home and get a better price. My opinion--IT IS A MUST!! A good paint job will cost $5k-$10k. Its cheap insurance. Get a written warranty on the material and labor.

I would not go for any other dealer options until you bargain with them. The charges are negotiable on extended warranty.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Cars with Bra's, what next boxers to stop your tail pipe popping out :D:D:D:D.
$800 seems a lot for some sticky plastic, try leaving a bigger gap between you and the traffic in front and you will reduce the chance of stone chips.

a good quality polish will protect from bugs, tree sape, acid rain etc

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
If the paint needed protection from the elements, the manufaturers would eother have developed better paints or provide their own finish. Waste of money.

Clear bra? Well 'sup to you. but for $800 you could get the front resprayed in 2 years time instead!

·
Registered
677 Posts
$800 is a bit steep for Clear Bra. However a full install with be basically anything you can see from the front of the car. This would include the strip of roof above the windshield, mirrors, etc. I know mine was going to be $550 if I had it done. I wish I had done mine. The chips are annoying. I have done less than 3k out of 15k on the highway and have chips. You will definitely get them with your driving plans.

Go for Audi Care well worth it.

Leave the extended warranty.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.