Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my hex-usb-can cable today. Great service from http://www.ilexa.co.uk/acatalog/vagcom.html with their next day delivery (which I wasnt expecting). I will shortly be out there having a play ;)

Can the Vag-Com software be downloaded from somewhere (legally or not)?
The software is freely downloadable. However, its the cable you need. There are multiple versions of the cable. We need the Hex-USB-CAN version

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
dr doubledoom, i have this irritating wink everytime i turn left and right, please help :D
I had the feeling I would turn into the norfolk/suffolk resource for this ;)

Sure Robb, just let me know when you are out my way and we can make the changes.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I had the feeling I would turn into the norfolk/suffolk resource for this ;)

Sure Robb, just let me know when you are out my way and we can make the changes.

Dare I ask if you'll be bringing the gear with you on Monday to APS? ;)

I'm not keen on the dimming DRLs when indicating either.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Manor: yes I will bring the laptop and cable to APS next Monday. I will bring the 2008 nav DVD as well.

Robb: Sounds good to me. That change was something I was looking at doing :)

All I need to do now is find someone with MMI software update version 5170. Apparantly that has some changes to the amp settings as well as improvements to the compatibality with my phone. I have 4690 at the moment.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Manor: yes I will bring the laptop and cable to APS next Monday. I will bring the 2008 nav DVD as well.

Robb: Sounds good to me. That change was something I was looking at doing :)

All I need to do now is find someone with MMI software update version 5170. Apparantly that has some changes to the amp settings as well as improvements to the compatibality with my phone. I have 4690 at the moment.

Thanks, Doom. I've not been to the dealer to get the DVD unlocked so I'll try and get up there this weekend to get them to do it. Just checked my Nav version info with the following result:

Media Version: EUROPA_100500_2374
Database version A723/20070801151856

I assume from this I have the 2007 version?

Robb, can I ask where you picked up the H11s? I have only been able to source from the states so far and haven't ordered as shipping was almost as much as the bulbs!

Cheers guys!

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Manor50: I ordered them from the states linked in the thread, I did try looking for them in the UK but couldnt find them. prolly should have made a group buy as I think the shipping was about £15. £46 it cost lol. I blame there shocking ordering page, but my fault for not checking the price, I think its because I checked how much they were earlier in the day and then when I went back to actually place the order it added another to my previous basket. DOH!

·
Registered
216 Posts
Cheers robb. I'll get some ordered too. You fitted yours already?

Manor50: I ordered them from the states linked in the thread, I did try looking for them in the UK but couldnt find them. prolly should have made a group buy as I think the shipping was about £15. £46 it cost lol. I blame there shocking ordering page, but my fault for not checking the price, I think its because I checked how much they were earlier in the day and then when I went back to actually place the order it added another to my previous basket. DOH!

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
If you dont get the DVD unlocked, dont worry. It is an option on the vag-com and is detailed on one of the other threads. Its also worth checking it requires unlocking. Mine didnt.

Edit: That version of the DVD is the latest version. Audi's versions are taken from august of the year before. So, the 2008 edition is the navteq snapshot from 20070801

So, you dont need to get this DVD then.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Cheers robb. I'll get some ordered too. You fitted yours already?
Seems this thread is turning into multiple posts about where to get H11 foglight bulbs, fitment, etc. Please just utilize the "private message" feature for these off-topic discussions. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
DD, you have a PM :)

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I saw the thread title and thought I didnt do that ;)

The split makes sense.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.