Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone that ordered this color have any diffuclties for model year 2009? I have a PB on order and it's not in the build phase yet, but i wanted to change to Daytona Grey, despite it's high cost. I know the paint code is 6Y6Y, but how does a dealer get the facotry to produce one? I am buying through military oversees buying program. Any advise would be wlecomed!

·
Registered
70 Posts
my man its cake to change your paint order just tell your sales person what you want. i went from phantom to suzuka to daytona before deciding with no problems.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! Problem is i am working with a buyng service rather than a dealer (militaryautosource.com) and they send build request to the facotry through AUDI's military buying program. It's a 1% markup over factory/invoice. Not a significant discount, but a much less wait time and it gets delivered to the states. With this custom paint it puts me at 58k, (S5, B&O, Tech pkg, custom paint $2500 if that, Nav/voice, tuscan brown). I didn't get inlays, drive select, and adaptive cruise control. I don't think they have had to deal with this particular issue. I think i have seen you car, that's what got me to change my mind! Could you send me photos of your car? Looks great! By far the best color to show off the small but significant details of the S5.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Could you send me photos of your car?
You can see photos of deserthawk's car in this post. Other Daytona Gray photos can be seen in this post. I agree with you that Daytona is one of the best colors to show off the details of the S5. It's a gorgeous color.

·
Registered
341 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Daytona Gray is a great color for the S5.
Glad you got it worked out.

These are some pictures of my S5 3 days after deliver following a great detailing job from a local No. VA guy at New Shine Detailing http://www.newshinedetailing.com/

http://s404.photobucket.com/albums/pp127/A5inReston/S5%20After%20Detailing/

First Day delivery pix.
http://s404.photobucket.com/albums/pp127/A5inReston/
I also plan on getting Daytona Gray when I place my order sometime in Jan.
If you don't mind me asking, how much did the dealer charge you for the special color? I have seen anywhere from $2500 to $3500 on these forums and was wondering if its up to the dealer or a fixed price.

·
Registered
341 Posts
The US charge (Audi Exclusive) is $2500.
It really an additional $2025, given the metallic and pearl paint charge is already $425. These charges are not additive.

The special paint can also add time to your order. Back in the spring my dealer estimated a 2-4 week addition to the delivery time.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
it was $2280 for paint (military cost). i had the phantom black that was $704. So it is an addtiona $1576 for a special paint color. Adding time is ok, more for the down to keep my payments lower!

·
Registered
842 Posts
Congrats. My favorite color for the S5.

·
Registered
590 Posts
In hindsight, I should have ordered Daytona Grey. It really does enhance the look of the car. I like how it is more charcoal-like compared to the Meteor Grey but I definitely don't lose sleep over it. Many people say the Meteor seems to change color slightly depending on the ambient lighting and I would have to agree. Anyway, congrats on your car and your safe return. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
8 Posts
In Europe (Portugal) if you buy the car with the S Line Package (2360€) you don't pay anything else for the Special Colour Daytona Grey! You only pay the 900€ like if it was a mettalic colour...
Ask your dealer about this! ;) Hope it helps!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts