Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Attached are some pics of my new Audi S5 in the Audi Exclusive color of Daytona Gray. This color is extremely complex and it takes on quite a different look under different lighting conditions. I've attached photos to try to help illustrate the way that the color changes in different lighting conditions. When in full sunlight and you are standing close to it, the car absolutely sparkles from the pearl effect in the sun. When in the sun from a distance, the car demonstrates each curve of the car through a complex mix of the dark shades and sharp light reflections. Finally, in overcast lighting or shade, the car takes on a blueish-gray hue that is quite pleasing to the eye. To be honest, the overcast picture I have for you guys doesn't do it justice because it is much nicer looking in real life in an overcast sky. Even though I wasn't totally sold on the color when I picked up the car, I have grown to love it. It is really hard not to like it. Anyways, I just wanted to share some photos, so enjoy.

Mods so far are: custom 20" HRE P40's with Bridgestone 275/30 tires, KW V2 coilovers, HOEN H11 foglamps, tuner dome LED license plate lights, front plate delete and a few VAG-COM tricks. I've got e-codes on order and I'm planning to do a tint and exhaust system too. I'm still trying to decide which exhaust system I want to invest in. This car is a blast to mod!

Props to Tx for taking most of these pics. Thanks man!

Attachments

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Why would I need spacers? The wheel fitment is spot on.

·
Registered
371 Posts
beautiful color. I love it on any audi but on the S5 it looks even better.

The rims look a little viper-ish. I think your car would look even sexier with an inset rim and aggressive offset.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
A Beauty!

...I love the Daytona Grey... just stunning.

If I bought again, this would be the colour I'd go for.

:cool:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Awesome pictures, thanks! Makes me stop second-guessing myself on my decision to go with Daytona. Any chance you could snap a photo standing from outside of the car showing the interior? I've ordered the same interior and have been wondering if I should change it to pearl silver.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Awesome pictures, thanks! Makes me stop second-guessing myself on my decision to go with Daytona. Any chance you could snap a photo standing from outside of the car showing the interior? I've ordered the same interior and have been wondering if I should change it to pearl silver.
This is the best I have for now. I can post more, but you'll have to wait until Friday when I can snap some more photos. Hopefully the weather will cooperate.

Attachments

·
Registered
70 Posts
looking good ranger and representing texas well. i know you are loving the color!

·
Registered
76 Posts
This is the best I have for now. I can post more, but you'll have to wait until Friday when I can snap some more photos. Hopefully the weather will cooperate.
That's perfect. Thanks so much!

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Attached is a pic that helps to demonstrate the concavity of the wheels. These wheels are the maximum concavity that you can get for the Audi S5 with a P40 wheel.

Attachments

·
Registered
134 Posts
Car looks awesome Ranger! The car by itself is a classic, and I love the color. The mods you have done are awesome as well, and the wheels are killer. Looking good!

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
A new pic of my car that I wanted to share.

Attachments

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Wheres the new E-codes?
You mean these ecodes? (see attached)

Very nice color and rim choice!!!

However, I'm confused about M40 vs P40.. are they the same wheel?
Yup, essentially the same. Originally the M40's were for the Mercs and the P40 were for the Porsches (as I typed that I realized that I don't actually know this as fact. I think it is true though). Now they make these wheels for all different makes. I think the Audi S5's wheels are known as the P40's. However, the actual face design varies between the cars although very slightly. My wheels used the design from the BMW M5 so that we could maximize the concavity for the wheel (as compared to the standard S5 P40 design like on the GMG car). TMI, I know, sorry.

wont the increase in tire width affect the the turning/steering?
Wider tires tend to increase your turning radius. Also, I thought that they would stiffen the steering, but the effect hasn't be as much as I had hoped. The turning radius difference has been imperceptible to me.

Attachments

·
Registered
371 Posts
You mean these ecodes? (see attached)
Your car looks very aggressive. I love it. If I went the S5 route I would totally copy your whole car. Sorry Im unoriginal like that.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Wow, the car is absolutely beautiful, John. It looks like the wait was well worth it. Daytona Gray is stunning on the S5. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I had my P40's refinished

I just wanted to update everyone and share some pics. Since my wheels had some minor defects upon delivery, HRE offered to refinish them for me. I chose to switch to simple gray powdercoat. I have to give credit to deserthawk though, since I saw this combo here first (http://www.a5oc.com/forums/showthre...tona-7058/index.html?t=7058&highlight=Daytona)

I'm loving the look and I think I will keep them for a bit. That means that the Klassens will be up for sale soon.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 27 Posts