Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it normal for the instrument panel to not light up except the red needles when you have lights on O? This only happens when I have lights on O, when I switch to auto it turns on the lights in the panel. Sometimes when I'm driving on O, it would turn on by itself for a while then turn off again....

Question 2. In car external lighting. The auto lighting option with options: Early, Med, Late. What does that indicate? Thanks :)

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Well thats how mine is !

The Early, Medium, Late refers to the dusk settings for the Auto lights. Most of us set to Late due to sucking the last ounce of value from the DRL's.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Is it normal for the instrument panel to not light up except the red needles when you have lights on O? This only happens when I have lights on O, when I switch to auto it turns on the lights in the panel. Sometimes when I'm driving on O, it would turn on by itself for a while then turn off again....
If the panel does not light up it means the car thinks its dark enough outside to warrant putting the lights on. It's the cars way of reminding you to do so.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts