Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
An idiot just scratched my A5 sportback, it is phantom black, and I'm just worried if i can repair it. Anyone had any problems like this?
The scratch starts on the hood and ends on the left back door... The scratch is not so deep, it hits the part of the paintwork that is white, anyone have any knowledge of how deep it got and if i can repair it? It is a shame, it is such a beautiful car...

·
Registered
585 Posts
Really annoying.

Might be worth asking a Smart Repair company to have a look.

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
If you can get your thumbnail in it I'm afraid it's a respray. If not could be buffed out. Good luck. Stay far away from people that works best

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
If you can get your thumbnail in it I'm afraid it's a respray. If not could be buffed out. Good luck. Stay far away from people that works best
Agreed. If you can see white through the scratch then it has gone down through the clear coat and paint to the primer. Respray job I am afraid.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
+2 If you can see white, it's the primer. Smart repair company's usually only work on isolated areas that fit within a 6" diameter, so sounds like a body shop job sadly. How in God's name did they scratch it from the hood to the rear door? Was it deliberate damage?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts