Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I have some damage on my cars paint :( I’ve been looking for videos how to fix it and I can’t seem to find one that’s for the damage that’s on my car. Does anyone know how to fix it by yourself? It would cost me around 1500kr (around 150€) to fix the damage if I took it to a paintshop. I hope you guys can help me restore the paint to my beautiful A5❤.

(It’s the same damage, just different angles)

Kind regards,
Marcus.

·
Sponsor
2,384 Posts
That needs sanding completely and respraying. Nothing you can do at home to fix that, sorry.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That needs sanding completely and respraying. Nothing you can do at home to fix that, sorry.
Thanks for taking your time to reply bro, can’t I buy different types of grid spraypaper and a can of spray matching the cars color code?

Kind regards,
Marcus.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
You can try DIY, but in my experience, by the time you have you have bought materials, it really is worth paying the extra to have it done at a paint shop!

You will need to blend in the paint colour and also it is very difficult to get the 'shine' the same with the lacquer with the original paint. I'm guessing that is Phantom black? This is metallic and when blending, it is difficult to not get the 'metallic' halo around where you have sprayed!

You could try touch up paint, build it up, then 1500 grit wet sand it, then polish it up, with a electric polisher. Doing it by hand will take ages. And just live with the 'mark' in the paintwork as you will still see it! :)

Believe me, bite the bullet and pay the extra €75!! If it was a small part that can be separated and painted in full, it's not too bad, but body work needs a proper paint srayer and you'll be hard pushed to get a result the same with a rattle can, even the exact colour match! Different brands can vary slightly on shade. Paying a shop and the shade isn't right, they fix it!? :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts