Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
you can with a specific module depending on your MMI, be careful though.. i had a bad experience with that - purchased a second hand module from Ebay, got it and had a company install it - they have to remove component protection with ODIS / specific tools and it flagged up as stolen and they said cant be programmed - the seller claimed it was co part and not stolen etc - i gave up and lost out (money wise)

·
Registered
104 Posts
Dunno only just bought car and I’m a Ford man so still learning audi
If you go into the settings of it you can see version / software information - that will tell you a software code

or if you photo it im sure it can be worked out what system you have - i "think" i have seen a retrofit kit (3rd party for DAB on a certain model - im looking now to see if i bookmarked a link) but after my experience i sorta gave up with the idea and havent really ignited my interest on it again LOL

EDIT: Found link + more info:

For MMI 3G and 3G+ - Plug & Play DAB DAB+ Digital Radio Interface Adapter for Audi MMI 3G 3G+ | eBay

For MMI 2G - Plug & Play DAB+ Digital Radio Interface Adapter for Audi A5 8T A6 4F MMI 2G | eBay

This is where my knowledge on DAB stops, but they look like the right kit to get the job done!

FYI you can also update your firmware of the MMI, i did this a little while ago,
I got my update on a digital download from these guys, https://mmi-firmware.com - updated via SD card done in 20mins easy (its worth checking what MMI you have they were helpful to me)

the are various suppliers for the updates as they are all basically resellers of dealers and of course the dealers themselves.

Hopefully i have been helpful, welcome to the forum! and congrats on the Audi :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.