Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

DAB radio

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  audilad 
#1 ·
Got my nw car frday all very verygood, one question anyone have dab radio, whilst playing around in the tunr section there is an option to display images, any one know what thats all about.:)

#2 ·
It lets you see images, adverts for mobile phones, etc, that the (DAB) radio station chooses to transmit. Not sure of your location, but in England, the radio station Capital transmits images which was found by accident - not the station I listen most of the time. I find it to be one of those features which has significant "Oooh!" factor, but fairly useless in practice unless they start transmitting album art or details of the current track being played, text versions of news headlines as they speak, weather maps during the weather reports, etc. (if anyone finds a station that does this, let me know!). Sadly, good technology in the wrong hands.

#4 ·
I get mine with DAB next week, not a chosen option but is it any good? Does it work in France. i.e. Can I get GWR or Capital Radio in St Malo or Bordeaux?:confused:

#6 ·
Tune into a DAB station. On the lower left corner, it says Tuning so press the lower left button on the MMI wheel. You see the Tuning wheel which has a number of options, you will see "Text" and "Info". Turn to "Text" and press the MMI button to see text info such as present track name or phone number for the adverts. Turn to "Info" and you see the graphic display IF transmitted by that station. It works with Capital, but not on others such as Heart or Absolute (previously known as Virgin). On stations which do not support it, you see "Waiting..." instead of the image.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.