Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, only had my 2013 a few weeks and come to charge my iPhone using a USB adaptor plugged into the 12V power socket, but when I plug the lead into the iPhone to charge I loose all sound from the radio but only when i'm listening to DAB. If I switch to FM, then it works ok.

Has anyone had this issue before and how is it rectified.

Car is running the latest software updates etc, so would of thought any DAB glitches in the system would have been resolved by the update.

Thanks

·
Registered
Audi A5 f5 3.0 TDI Quattro S line S tronic Virtual Cockpit Driving assist pack
887 Posts
Search the forums of Audizine and you’ll find that it’s actually more common than you think!

interference from USB/12 Volt cigarette or even usb in the glove compartment.

Not even a work around for this 😂😭

something that you’ll have to live with or find a workaround via another usb power supply ?

~Alex

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks mate and will check out Audizine.

I did notice it was still doing it even with just the USB adapter plug in and no phone connected, so removed it and everything went back to normal.

My previous A4 (2011) never did it or any of my other cars, so was surprised went it happened.

How have people worked around it or is there a known adapter that doesn’t cause any interferenc?

·
Registered
Audi A5 f5 3.0 TDI Quattro S line S tronic Virtual Cockpit Driving assist pack
887 Posts
Thanks mate and will check out Audizine.

I did notice it was still doing it even with just the USB adapter plug in and no phone connected, so removed it and everything went back to normal.

My previous A4 (2011) never did it or any of my other cars, so was surprised went it happened.

How have people worked around it or is there a known adapter that doesn’t cause any interferenc?
they used the fuse tap for 12V or connected via USB lead via the same way.That way it meant no interference to the DAB part.
Shame really as how did the Audi engineers not realise electrical interference like that?!

anyways hopes this helps!

~Alex

·
Registered
466 Posts
Just be sure to use a decent quailty one like one from JuicEBitz- no interference issues & under a tenner on Amazon & Ebay:
JUICEPLUG™ V3.0 42W 3 USB PORT QUALCOMM QUICK CHARGE 3.0 FAST IN CAR CHARGER

Reactions: way318
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.