Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apologies if this has been answered before.

I have the DAB (Digital Radio) and with all the hills around here it kicks in and out reverting to the same channel on FM Frequency.

Is there an easy way to stop the fluctuation between channels?:confused::confused:

Cheers

RG

·
Registered
821 Posts
Yep... You switch to FM and Sell the DAB to me for £50, as Norfolk is nice and Flat, and i'd get more use out of it :) ;)

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Yep... You switch to FM and Sell the DAB to me for £50, as Norfolk is nice and Flat, and i'd get more use out of it :) ;)
The downside is that bugger all is transmitted on DAB in Norfolk and what there is is in mono or a low bitrate.

·
Registered
237 Posts
:D I can vouch for it working well in Norfolk dbs. However, on my travels I have lost DAB once or twice so if it becomes an irritation I just select FM as the default band and treat it as though i don't have DAB.

I have read posts complaining about DAB dropping out but for me it's been a great option.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks DBS, DD and MM

DBS - NO chance! It's superb when it works, just 5 mile radius from home is 0 - 370 feet (so my Sat Nav says and the DAB kicks in and out. The quality difference is incredible! DAB is superb.

DD - Aren't there Government Grants for Underdeveloped Counties?

MM - You select FM as the default band through the MMI I assume and switch back to DAB again through MMI. ..... This is just the faffing around that I find annoying and wondered if there were any shortcuts.

Cheers

RG

·
Registered
821 Posts
Thanks DBS, DD and MM
DBS - NO chance! It's superb when it works, just 5 mile radius from home is 0 - 370 feet (so my Sat Nav says and the DAB kicks in and out. The quality difference is incredible! DAB is superb. DOH !!!

DD - Aren't there Government Grants for Underdeveloped Counties? Ouch !!!

MM - You select FM as the default band through the MMI I assume and switch back to DAB again through MMI. ..... This is just the faffing around that I find annoying and wondered if there were any shortcuts. :p

Cheers

RG

·
Registered
237 Posts
The downside is that bugger all is transmitted on DAB in Norfolk and what there is is in mono or a low bitrate.
I don't know what you're on about dd - Roy Waller and Keith Skipper not to your taste :eek:

·
Registered
821 Posts
:D I can vouch for it working well in Norfolk dbs. However, on my travels I have lost DAB once or twice so if it becomes an irritation I just select FM as the default band and treat it as though i don't have DAB.

I have read posts complaining about DAB dropping out but for me it's been a great option.
That's what i get for buying a demo..... it's one option that i really wanted, it was on the S5 and the A5 that i tested over a couple of weekends.... but it seems retro is a dear option !!!!!

·
Registered
237 Posts
On a more serious note dd I'm not sure what you mean by your comment - I get all the stations transmitted on FM plus a load more - or is it just around Lowestoft (my office in Loddon so I can vouch for great reception around there)

Cheers

ps - have sent pm

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
I will have to get the dust off my DAB radio as its been a year without use.

Most of the BBC stations were on it but The Beach was in mono, Broadland had a low bit rate and I get angry when I listen to Talk Sport.

Lowestoft reception is probably naff though as I cant get much in the way of Freeview channels or digital radio (via freeview) either until I get into the North west side of Norfolk.

·
Registered
821 Posts
When Lowestoft leaves Suffolk and Joins Norfolk, Maybe, we will let you have some of out Tip Top Signal ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts