Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an intermittent problem with my A5 in that it does not engage promptly in D to move off.
The symptoms are similar to a clutch slipping on a manual. Loads of revs then suddenly jumps into action. There's a bit of an incline on my driveway which seems to have an influence on it. If I engage drive and just sit for a few seconds it seems to cop on that maybe it should go forward and that is my way of nursing it along. I've had the oils done and the service centre are unable to find anything wrong. I'm after dropping €1750 on it with a reputable transmission centre but now I'm stuck on the horns of a dilemma . Any help would be appreciated. I'm based in Dublin.

· Premium Member
3,824 Posts
Mate this problem is very familiar!!! My old 3.2 V6 A5 did EXACTLY the same thing and I was convinced that the box was on its way out. Instead when I visited a mate and he drove the car he made this diagnosis: change the auto transmission fluid and FILL HER TO THE BRIM. When I added a tiny 100cc the car came back to life!!!! Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.