Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So, Im headed out on an trip and I want to protect the front end but dont want a bra or clear tape. Found a company that can to it, but need some ideas. Was thinking some german colors and the audi logo mixed in with some other cool shit. Or, just go with the Captain America thing I have going on which is the theme of my blog (no pitch, just thought it might help you, help me Gibbs' Exodus).
Just gonna to the front end and taper it up onto the hood then take it off when Im done the trip.
Her is the design I made.
Please note: Im really not very skilled with photo apps. Took me about 4 hours to make, so be kind.

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did this lol...

Ive seen quit a bit of that, but I understand it doesnt hold up to heavy mileage, and Ill be going about 6,000 miles.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
meant to ask you, what size spacers to you have F and R?

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
I did about 2K miles over 4 days and it held up great but 6k is another story. I am 9.5" et 35 with 15mm f and 20mm r.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
did you have to do anything special when you took it off, in terms of residue.
BTW, nice man cave, heres mine. Maybe we can get a little man cave thread going on here:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Nice cave....here is another angle of mine...poor pic I know. Now show us that P car!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
am I allowed to post Porsche pics here? I dont want to bend the thread in the wrong way, since we've got it going in a man cave direction now anyway.
And to be honest, I have ONE picture of my Porsche. Its on the to-do list in the next couple of days since Im headed out on my trip.
But its a black on grey 1997 993, chrome package, Sound package, white dials, all original. And only 28K on it. Its actually up for faux-sale, meaning that Im not really selling it but I will if the right guy and price comes along. It has to end up in the right hands. It is meticulously cared for and her name is Inga, if you know anyone hard up for a 993.
Maybe this will work: (having problems loading images)

https://picasaweb.google.com/gtolsdorf/THECAR

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Oh, didnt mention....zero residue at removal. Post whatever here...most can appreciate. Nice p-car...would love more pics. Reminds me of the bad boys car. My buddy owns the bad boys 911T.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
getting ideas back from the tape guys, but apparently, Im better at graphic design then they are. Perhaps Ive found my new calling. This is the latest design that I did. Will post final pics when I make a decision, which for me, as a perfectionist is hard.
Gibbs' Exodus

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
update: this is the final graphic rendering of the side of the vehicle: 9/27/11

And someone tell me how to load a friggin picture in this portion of the post please. And I thank you.

Attachments

·
Registered
812 Posts
Just go Mop style.. Hey mop when you wana sell that grill hit me up

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
gibbyt...load pics to photobucket, then select direct link and then click insert image and paste. Looks cool!

PhantoM- gonna hang on the grill brother.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thanks mopsta. any way to do this from picasa? Im looking now, but if youve got the answer, lemme know.

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Im sure it will work from any of the pic sites as long as you select the direct link.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Only some of it's free. And the parts that aren't, I have no problem endorsing. I needed some stuff to fill in the blanks.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts