Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I had a custom setup consisting of a Sony Appradio Headunit and 8inch Samsung tab4 in my old Audi A4. Im looking to do a similar setup in the A5 (which i know will take more work!)

The plan is to remove the centre air vents, relocate the factory concert stereo to the glove box or footwell area and retain the original AMI screen so i can still view servicing and vehicle info. With a bit of custom fabrication, i'll install the samsung 10" tablet i have in place of the concert stereo & air vents, using the Sony Stereo as the main source. Sony stereo would only need a constant & switched live + ground connected to power up, so no issues there.

My question is .... although the sony stereo has Steering wheel control input via jack connection on the back, how would i get this connected to the B8.5 Steering wheel? does anyone know where the steering wheel controls cable would leads to? I'd assume it would connect into the concert radio but looking at a diagram for the radio, i dont see any input for steering controls?!

Yes this might seem a bit long winded to do, but ive done it before in my old A4 and all the factory speakers will be replaced with a full aftermarket system consisting of amps/component speaker and single 10" sub.

I have looked into the RSNAV units, but i dont believe they have pre-outs for aftermarket sound system.

·
Premium Member
2,429 Posts
Blimey ambitious indeed but should be good, please post some pics when you get to work....

·
Registered
148 Posts
The steering wheel buttons are on the infotainment CAN bus. You may need some adaptor to convert the signals. Connects2 have a range of products you may find they have something suitable.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts