Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So i went to my audi dealership which is also a porsche dealership today and took a look at a meteor gray A5 exterior color because i was sure thats the one i wanted, only to find out that it kind of looks a little off from what i saw in pictures. however i saw this color on a porsche 911 called atlas grey which was the most beautiful color ive ever seen. they said it was a 2,500 option if you wanted it on a porsche. I dont know much about custom paint jobs but if i wanted this color would it be possible to get and how would i get it

oh and here's a pic:D

Attachments

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Just ask you dealer to sort it out. Its £2500 option here in the UK I think. I seriously think you need to sit down with your stealer and sort out all your questions. Any real life shots of atlas?

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
now i just have one more problem. i can't decide between the A5 or S5. I can afford both, but considering all the "extra" options id have to purchase on the A5 which come stock on the s5 such as red interior and aluminum mirror covers i've been starting to think the S5 is a better deal :/

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
OK, so what's the deal? In another one of your threads from the other day, you posted that your meteor/magma red A5 S-line is arriving in November.

When you were at the dealer yesterday, what were you told about the cost of the magma red interior on your A5? What's the current status on your order (i.e., do they have a scheduled "build date" for your car)? Were they able to provide a commission number for the order you placed?

All of these questions and such you have about custom colors and cost can be answered by your dealer. Any particular reason you didn't just ask your dealer about all this while you were there today (er, yesterday)? :confused:

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OK, so what's the deal? In another one of your threads from the other day, you posted that your meteor/magma red A5 S-line is arriving in November.

When you were at the dealer yesterday, what were you told about the cost of the magma red interior on your A5? What's the current status on your order (i.e., do they have a scheduled "build date" for your car)? Were they able to provide a commission number for the order you placed?

All of these questions and such you have about custom colors and cost can be answered by your dealer. Any particular reason you didn't just ask your dealer about all this while you were there today (er, yesterday)? :confused:
Yes i went yesterday and backed out of the order that was due in November, due to all i find out about the s-line only coming in black and all the other issues i've had, i'm starting from scratch again. And i didn't even know it would have been possible to get atlas gray. I just wanted to find out some more info and get some opinion on this forum before i go to my dealer again and sort everything out.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I went for the Audi Exclusive and got Suzuka Grey - best decision ever, it sets my car apart from all the others slightly and it was the colour I really wanted. If you can afford it then go for it!

As for the A5/S5, the only difference would be the engine and the extras you get with the S5. Depends if you want to spend more on fuel for the S5 or if the 3.0 Tdi would suffice. Again, if you can afford it then I would go for the better one (S5).

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Depends if you want to spend more on fuel for the S5 or if the 3.0 Tdi would suffice.
whealey, just to clarify... currently only the 3.2 petrol engine is available on the A5 in the States.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I say if you are going to do a lot of Custom option (AKA Audi Exclusive) go with the S5. I think the 2nd hand value on an high end option out S5 will be better then putting tons of options on an A5. When I special ordered my car, I was told any Audi color that they paint (not Porsche,VW or any other VAG car) Now that might be different on the Exclusive program but I heard a rumour that custom paint would be $8000 which is any gray worth that? This is of course mather of opinion and personal taste but as Audi already has 3-4 different grays would think you could live with one of them.

Tonny

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just wanted to let you know I have been following the forum for a while, because I had considered getting an S5. However, I currently own a Porsche cayman S in atlas gray, and I can honestly say that the color is absolutely worth it. Back when I purchased the car, it was not a 2500 dollar upgrade, but I get comments all the time about the color of the automobile. If you want, I can try to post some pics. My recommendation is that if you don't want the attention, don't get the atlas gray:)

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just wanted to let you know I have been following the forum for a while, because I had considered getting an S5. However, I currently own a Porsche cayman S in atlas gray, and I can honestly say that the color is absolutely worth it. Back when I purchased the car, it was not a 2500 dollar upgrade, but I get comments all the time about the color of the automobile. If you want, I can try to post some pics. My recommendation is that if you don't want the attention, don't get the atlas gray:)
That's what i think it is such a nice color if you could post some pics that would be great:)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Audi S5 - Porsche (DarkOliveGreen)

Hi,
I asked myself the same question. A5 of S5. but when you start the engine. Done deal. S5
Reguarding the color. I went to the Porsche dealer and saw a new color: DarkOliveGreen. It looks black, but is (very)darkgreen with red (yes red) "fliks" in it. The interieur is the silver (looks white).
I ordered the custom color for 3990 euro's (Holland / the Netherlands).

How? I asked the Porsche dealer to send te colorcode to my Audi dealer. dit was no problem. The color you have chosen looks great!

I will get my car (hopefully) feb 2009.

Goodluck!

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi,
I asked myself the same question. A5 of S5. but when you start the engine. Done deal. S5
Reguarding the color. I went to the Porsche dealer and saw a new color: DarkOliveGreen. It looks black, but is (very)darkgreen with red (yes red) "fliks" in it. The interieur is the silver (looks white).
I ordered the custom color for 3990 euro's (Holland / the Netherlands).

How? I asked the Porsche dealer to send te colorcode to my Audi dealer. dit was no problem. The color you have chosen looks great!

I will get my car (hopefully) feb 2009.

Goodluck!
That's cool could you post some pics of the color when you get the car?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Looks good indeed.

Sweet pics. great color indeed. Great interieur, I did not see it very often.
When (o when) I get my car, be sure I will upload a lot of pictures...

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
My gosh i love that daytona grey. I'm stumped on what color grey i should get. are there any other custom grey's besides daytona and suzuka? If there are could some please post some real life shots.

·
Registered
432 Posts
My gosh i love that daytona grey. I'm stumped on what color grey i should get. are there any other custom grey's besides daytona and suzuka? If there are could some please post some real life shots.
There are an infinite number of custom colors. Its up to you to pick it out.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.