Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everybody,

I'm a new s5 owner and thought my custom exhaust experience would help out anyone who is considering going the custom route. This is my first audi and when I was looking for exhaust system I was appaled at the prices of most of the systems available for the car. When comparing prices of exhaust systems for cars in the same price range and performance category the prices were very high and I couldn't justify it when a custom exhaust setup costs half the price and you can tune it to exactly the exhaust note you want. This is when I had my exhaust done at vrs performance exhaust in miami. I wanted to have a louder sound than the traditional exhaust ex. milltek. so I first decided to go with the magnaflow mufflers and magnaflow x-pipe. It was a little bit louder and the engine felt more responsive but the sound wasn't what i was looking for. It sounded like many other v8's on the road. So I went back and had them trade out the magnaflow mufflers for borla pro xs competition mufflers. Huge improvement, my car is so much more responsive than before and even more than with the magnaflow mufflers. The competition borla series along with the magnaflow xpipe produces some serious results both sound and power wise and has this mean knarl to it that I didn't get from the magnaflow mufflers even though i had to pay extra to switch them out. Definately would recommend vrs exhaust in miami they did an excellent job and with the switching out the total cost was about 900 dollars for the full catback system with mandel bends and 2.75 inch piping. Hope this helps

BlackonBlack

I just put some basic pics from my iphone on flickr to show the fitment, i'll try taking some video and posting that soon.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/?saved=1

·
Registered
253 Posts
blackonblack,

Thank you for sharing your experience! Could you list the parts (part # or link) that you used? Every time someone posts up a thread about making custom exhausts I can never find the part they're talking about.
Sound clips would be nice :)

Thanks!

·
Registered
441 Posts
Thank You!! sigh of relief

I entered a car show on the 4th of July (3rd place) here in Germany, meet a guy that owned a tuning shop near by. I told him that I was interested in getting an exhaust system for my 3.2L. He then mentioned that he could get me a Borla exhaust that would make my car sound very nice. A few days later he e-mails me and states that his friend the VP of Borla exhaust systems Europe did not have an exhaust out for my car, but would like to have one built for the 3.2L to add to the catalog! I have an appointment August 12th. They will keep my car for three days. I will either get the exhaust system for free or at the most I'll pay 200 euro + my car will be in the catalog!:thumbsup:

I'm a native Floridian too, thanks for the thread

·
Registered
101 Posts
A few days later he e-mails me and states that his friend the VP of Borla exhaust systems Europe did not have an exhaust out for my car, but would like to have one built for the 3.2L to add to the catalog! I have an appointment August 12th. They will keep my car for three days. I will either get the exhaust system for free or at the most I'll pay 200 euro + my car will be in the catalog!:thumbsup:
Sapper,

Please keep this updated, I'd be very interested in what they develop. TANGO!

·
Registered
441 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.